Homelite Info needed:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis Brander

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello to all. Picked up a bunch of saws on monday 14 total. Along with the saws the fellow threw in an old Homelite generator, model 24A115-2. She has spark, but has other issures. The tank was full of varnish. I removed the tank and cleaned it along with the screen type fuel filter and fuel pick up area in the bottom of the tank. The old carburetor has no choke or throttle, but has a primer that you pump to start the engine. It will start and run as long as you hold your hand over the air intake of the carb to act as a choke. I need to get some carburetor info, an owner's/operators manuel and IPL in PDF format from one of the Homelite experts if they should have one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Lewis Brander.

So what other saws did you get Lewis? This Homelite generator sounds interesting, I knew homie made them but never saw one.

Do you have any info on this weird pump?
I would like to see the pump housing, it is missing from the "saw".

I would be very grateful!

Mange, is that a gas tank from a McCulloch on a Homelite C5 powerhead? it sure looks like it. very interesting. I also see what looks like a HUGE muffler in the background too.

That is a air filter.
And the tank was put on at the time the pump was made, according to the paint.

Mange said:
Do you have any info on this weird pump?
I would like to see the pump housing, it is missing from the "saw".

I would be very grateful!

hey Mange,

I picked up a similar Homelite pump... Mine seems to be in great condition; but hasnt been run in years.. Fuel gummed up and all that jazz.. It is a 140 G.P.M. Homelite with the red paint...
I have a pic, but it is a group shot of a BUNCH of saws and stuff i picked up.. I ment to post a thread in the chainsaw forum with the picture.. I'll get some better pics of the pump by itself.. anyone know what CC's the powrhead was?? Or what model saw it compares too??

Thanks
Ron

Homelite Generator set.

Hello to all. The Homelite generator has the following info on the tag: Model 24A115-2, RPM 3600, PH 1, AC Volts 115, Amp 21.7, Cycle 60, P.F. 1, Serial Number 565106. That's all the info I have on the generator. There is no tag on the engine. The gas tank sits under the engine, there is fuel pick up tubes from the carb mounted on the side of the engine down throught the top of the gas tank. They're doesn't appear to be any reed valves, but looks like some sort of rotoy valve induction system on the front of the engine by the crankshaft. The magneto is on the front ot the engine at the crank. The magneto also serves as a pull start for starting the engine. As I said there is no info on the engine that I can find. No info on the carb, just a big decal that says HOMELITE on the gas tank. This in not a 4 stroke engne. Oiling instructtions says to mix at 10/1 ratio. I've had the thing started and can keep it running, if I hold my hand over the carb. The carb has no choke, throttle, or govenor linkage. To start you pump the primer to push some gas into the intake, wap the rope around the pull start and start the thing. I've had it running for abut 15 minutes and the old engine sounds in great shape. Also the exhaust pipe if off the front of the engine and is connected to a large round muffler on the left ot the generator set. Ha, muffler looks as big as a large tractor muffler.

Bill G. If you have any info, I would appreciate getting it. Thanks. Wish I had a digital camera, so that I could post a pic or 2. I have some old Homelite operator's manuels for saws and they show some generators as part of the product line that Homelite sold. Never thought I'd ever see one, let alone aquire one. Thanks for all the replies. Haven't been on this computer much, have been busy cleaning and geting the saws evaluwated. I have the Solo Rex running, but it will need a carb kit the same with the Pioneer 650. The Strunk Speed Demond Special is now cleaned up and running as of today. A Pioneer 2200 will start, but is starving for fuel, will idle fine all day, but will not hold any high rpm's for long, will have to go throuhg the fuel system. The 1-40 McCulloch is in the process of getting cleaned, need a rewind rope and handle, but will take one off the 1-43 parts saw. There is also 2 McCullochs (2 something cu in), a small Remington and a smaller Pioneer. Haven't really looked at them as yet. When I ge them cleaned up I'll post some pics. The smaller homeowner type saws, aren't my thing. I'll clean them up, tinker with them a bit, but not going to put alot into them. If they run fine, if not they'll sit on a shelf, unless someone want them for parts. OK, talk later. Thanks for the replies. Take care. Lewis.

Lewis Brander said:
Bill G. If you have any info, I would appreciate getting it. ................Thanks. Wish I had a digital camera, so that I could post a pic or 2. ..................Take care. Lewis.

Lewis,

I cannot find a listing for it. I have a ton of Homelite generator IPL's but I cannot find that one. If can figure out a way to get a pic I can find a model that is close.

Bill

To Bill G.

Hello Bill. Thanks for looking. I'll take some pics of the saws I've cleaned up so far and the old Generator. Give me a bit of time to post them. Only have a 35 mm camera so will have to get film developed and scanned to this computer. Again Thanks. Lewis.

Lewis Brander said:
Hello Bill. Thanks for looking. I'll take some pics of the saws I've cleaned up so far and the old Generator. Give me a bit of time to post them. Only have a 35 mm camera so will have to get film developed and scanned to this computer. Again Thanks. Lewis.

Lewis,

I have searched some more but still cannot find any info with the exact model number. When you get a chance to take a pic I can find out some more.

Bill

Homelite Generator and Saws I got:

Hello Bill G. The pictures of the saws I got and the generator were taken tonight. I'll drop off the film tomorrow and should be able to post some pics later this coming week. Ha, out of 15 saws and the generator I have had 9 saws and the generator at least fired up from a few seconds running to several minutes on some of them. There is a P-21 Pioneer, Homelite SL-9 and 3 Mighty Mites that I don't think I'll bother with for now. The rest I've had fired up, they include the Solo Rex, 650 Pioneer. 2200 Pioneer, Strunk (Speed Demon Special), Another Homelite 5-20, 2 Mini Mac 6 saws, a Wright and the saw with the front mounted carburetor. Still don't know what that is, but will post some pick of the saws later. I think it's an Eclipse saw made by the Eclipse Lawnmower Co., but it's not the "Wasp" model showen on Mike's site. Hopefully someone may recognise it and let me know what it is. I also have aquired a bunch ( 2 binders full) of Homelite IPL's. Will have to go through them all and make up a list of what's there. So hopefully if someone needs an IPL I can put it in PDF format and send it to them. I'll post some pick this week and we'll go from there. Now that the saws are cleaned up and somewhat evaluated I'll take them to my work area in my basement and go throught them. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of fuel system work and ordering fuel filters, has line hose and carb kits. Luckily all the carbs appear to be Tillotson carbs and kits are available, even on the front carbureted saw. OK, thanks for now and we'll talk later. I'll post a couple pick of the generator here and email you the rest of the set, I have taken of the carb, etc. You take care and again Thanks for your time and concideration. Lewis Brander.

Homelite Generator Pics:

Here are some pics of the Homelite Generator I aquired, Model 24A115-2. Does anyone have any info on this generator and carburetor. Thanks. Lewis Brander.

Homelite Generator Pictures:

Here are a couple more pics of the carburetor top and side views. Anyone have any info on this carburetor. I've had the engine running and can keep it running if I hold my hand over the carb intake. There's no choke, throttle or govenor linkage to the carb. The engine is supposed to run at a continuous 3600 rpm with this set up. Let me know if you can help with any info or suggestions. Thanks. Lewis Brander.

Lewis, maybe you can get some help from a site for old farm collectors, old tractors, old stationary engines, etc. Homelite made its name selling small lighting plants to rural folks beginning way back, like in the 'teens or 1920's...first with 32 volt plants for recharging batteries, then with 100 volt DC, all the way until recently with big portable commercial units.

AS a side note, when Deere bought Homelite a couple of years back, some thought it was to get the commercial pump, portable compressor, and portable generator business to add to it's commercial line, but couldn't get it without the small engines part!

I haven't kept up my interest as much lately, but used to see quite a few of those old homelite generator sets at the old steam threshing shows, so I bet there are a few collectors out there with some knowledge to help out.

Just a thought.

I regonise that generator Lewis it's the one Noah used to provide lighting and power during his 40 days and 40 nights at sea during the great flood.

Lookin Kinda Cool Lewis.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back