Jonsered 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FixedInTheSticks

Reaction score
Hey everyone, long time follower but my first post.
I'm working on this old Jonsered 365 and am having issues with tuning. I'm no novice to tuning saws, but this one has stumped me. It was my dad's old saw and kind of sentimental to me, otherwise I would have just hung it on the wall.
It will run perfect for about 15 seconds or so, then starts to starve out. I can add a little choke and keep it going a little longer, but then it dies. No amount of high or low jet adjustment will help. If I open the fuel tank, it will run fine forever, which tells me the tank isn't venting properly? The problem is, I don't see a tank vent anywhere and don't want to tear the whole saw apart without consulting you wise people first. The carburetor has an impulse hole and was just rebuilt. The only hose connection to the carb is for the fuel line going into the tank.
I've searched all over for info on this thing without any luck. Acresinternet doesn't have it listed either. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 639DE1D7-C083-419D-8F52-31890237C0ED.jpeg
    639DE1D7-C083-419D-8F52-31890237C0ED.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 53CE5956-4AA5-4ADA-9E02-18EE9155949A.jpeg
    53CE5956-4AA5-4ADA-9E02-18EE9155949A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 0B5B5892-1052-4F79-97D5-D6A5946C6349.jpeg
    0B5B5892-1052-4F79-97D5-D6A5946C6349.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Hey everyone, long time follower but my first post.
I'm working on this old Jonsered 365 and am having issues with tuning. I'm no novice to tuning saws, but this one has stumped me. It was my dad's old saw and kind of sentimental to me, otherwise I would have just hung it on the wall.
It will run perfect for about 15 seconds or so, then starts to starve out. I can add a little choke and keep it going a little longer, but then it dies. No amount of high or low jet adjustment will help. If I open the fuel tank, it will run fine forever, which tells me the tank isn't venting properly? The problem is, I don't see a tank vent anywhere and don't want to tear the whole saw apart without consulting you wise people first. The carburetor has an impulse hole and was just rebuilt. The only hose connection to the carb is for the fuel line going into the tank.
I've searched all over for info on this thing without any luck. Acresinternet doesn't have it listed either. Thanks!!
Acres lists it.....practically the same as the 361AV. Make sure you go to "Jonsereds Fabrikers AB"...not Jonsered.....

Acres lists it.....practically the same as the 361AV. Make sure you go to "Jonsereds Fabrikers AB"...not Jonsered.....
One of those Trail Manufacturing products I believe, seen them in many colors of many manufacturers labels, I have the one they made for Pioneer P12

I think they were made by frontier chainsaws out of British Columbia.
I have one somewhere ill check where the tank vent is but I'm sure they vent through the cap

Latest posts

Back