Homelite Question's...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furious

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
In the late 80's my father bought a Homelite-Textron Model 54. It worked great for years but is in serious need of a professional tune up. I don't have any info on this saw, spec's etc. I want to get it running, means a lot to me. It runs now, very smoky though lol. Does anyone know of any good Homelite guys in Ontario/Canada??

Last edited:
In the late 80's my father bought a Homelite-Textron Model 54. It worked great for years but is in serious need of a professional tune up. I don't have any info on this saw, spec's etc. I want to get it running, means a lot to me. It runs now, very smoky though lol. Does anyone know of any good Homelite guys in Ontario/Canada??

That actually wasn't made by homelite. Its a rebadged 654 Solo, and parts are scarce. You shouldn't need a homelite guy if it justs needs a tune up. Any good small engine shop can work on it.

I think I have a few parts for one of these laying around from a previous project. They are a real pain to work on, IMO. Not a bad saw when they're running right.

Here's a link to the specs according to Acres:

Model Profile: 654

Awesome guys thanks!! I'm thinking carb rebuild, new fuel lines, filter and a good tune up... Who knows maybe a muffler mod too!:clap::clap::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Back