Homelite super 1050 auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvertabian721

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a homelite super 1050 auto. I picked it up a year ago in hopes of using it for a mill, but for a lack of my ability in finding parts such as a muffler cover, wrap handle, oiler even a bar that will fit it correctly or a driveline count for the bar that i have onto it now. I am kind of at a stand still, now i am normally a husky guy for my firewood and felling saws but i bought this saw based on power to price meaning i didn't pay all that much for it compared to what you would pay for other 100cc and I'm now finding out why..... with all this said any help would be appreciated, if not then its kind of a paperweight to me.

Well the wrap is going to difficult to find but bars should not. I use a large mount stihl on mine with an adapter for the bar so no problem there. I wouldn't worry about the muff cover but what's with the oiler.

the auto oiler doesn't work but i can kinda get the manual oiler to work. i realize that the muffler cover isn't a big deal to the working order of the saw but if i end up keeping it want to restore it…… they are made in New york kinda close ish to where I'm from. and whats the deal with the adapter your talking about?

Try checking the check valve in the oiler line sometimes they get dirty and stick not allowing oil to flow only one way

What would you want with such a lousy old saw ;)

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

bisnelling and guido salvage, those are awesome saws i wish i could figure out how to upload photos mine has def been used a lot long before it got to me but for the use its had i think its in pretty good condition. is there any place that makes aftermarket parts because the handle on mine is worn really bad like I'm nervous running it.

Site sponsor Homelite 410 makes the adapter. Id look for crud in the oiler as the manual should work despite what the auto oiler is doing so dump the oil and flush the tank with gas and try again, simple but it may work .

I'm pretty sure I have a NOS auto oiler here. And possibly a NOS wrap bar. I will look tonight or tomortow. Also have piston rings for it if you need to freshen her up a bit..

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Very nice saw brad. I'm gonna try and put a NOS homelite saw together sometime. Probably would have to be the 410 because I have most of the parts to put one together. But really wanted to do a 1050.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This used to be my old gal....

Ran great and oiled like the Valdez.... All original piston, cylinder bearings and seals...

Very low hour saw that I got missing the recoil lugs....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg