• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Homelite Super 1050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m selling a nice Super 1050 I restored a couple years ago. I replaced the fuel tank and handle and stripped the whole saw down to beadblast and repaint and add new decals. I changed the air filter color to match my other 1050. P&C look excellent – the picture is from before I pulled the cylinder and bead blasted the whole thing – saw was very dirty. I didn't check compression but it feels strong and you can see from the video it has lots of power. It stumbled a little cold - I opened the L screw about 1/8 turn and it was better. Points were filed and set – great spark. Carb is the SDC with fixed high jet. 4 cycles nicely at high RPM. I honestly don’t recall if I replaced crank seals or not. Either vac / pressure test was good or I replaced them. Bearings were smooth. The bar is a fairly NOS Oregon 24” with a like new chain - .404 x .063. It has a seven tooth spur sprocket. If you change to a rim sprocket you could go to 3/8 x .063 chain. Since I took the before and after photos, I did locate a good muffler guard (cleaned and repainted) so the saw is complete. Oiler works great. One of the foam handle cushions is missing - came off while I had it hanging. These came from a bicycle shop.
Asking $300 plus shipping. Box is 24 x 18 x 16 and weighs 35 lbs. My zip is 26003. I prefer a money order but if you want to use paypal, add $10. Saw is bubble wrapped and double boxed with spikes and bar removed (in same box) and ready to ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyo4PETMwiI&list=UUjw97UIuz21wKVCSe5qi11w

In the next few weeks I will be selling two Homelite C51s, and a Homelite 500. Not restored but gone over, cleaned, and they seem to run well. Also a restored Remington Pro88 - see my avatar. I need to get them cleaned up, emptied, and boxed to get weights. You can see videos on my youtube page. The Pro88 is slow - I only had an 8 tooth sprocket for it. I did replace the crank seals and bearings on it. Clutch and sprocket are from a Super 1050. I machined a bushing to seal against the crank seal.

Attachments

• new 1050 piston.JPG
    new 1050 piston.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 111
  • b&f 4.jpg
    b&f 4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 143
  • b&f 3.jpg
    b&f 3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 143
  • b&f 2.jpg
    b&f 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123
I’m selling a nice Super 1050 I restored a couple years ago. I replaced the fuel tank and handle and stripped the whole saw down to beadblast and repaint and add new decals. I changed the air filter color to match my other 1050. P&C look excellent – the picture is from before I pulled the cylinder and bead blasted the whole thing – saw was very dirty. I didn't check compression but it feels strong and you can see from the video it has lots of power. It stumbled a little cold - I opened the L screw about 1/8 turn and it was better. Points were filed and set – great spark. Carb is the SDC with fixed high jet. 4 cycles nicely at high RPM. I honestly don’t recall if I replaced crank seals or not. Either vac / pressure test was good or I replaced them. Bearings were smooth. The bar is a fairly NOS Oregon 24” with a like new chain - .404 x .063. It has a seven tooth spur sprocket. If you change to a rim sprocket you could go to 3/8 x .063 chain. Since I took the before and after photos, I did locate a good muffler guard (cleaned and repainted) so the saw is complete. Oiler works great. One of the foam handle cushions is missing - came off while I had it hanging. These came from a bicycle shop.
Asking $300 plus shipping. Box is 24 x 18 x 16 and weighs 35 lbs. My zip is 26003. I prefer a money order but if you want to use paypal, add $10. Saw is bubble wrapped and double boxed with spikes and bar removed (in same box) and ready to ship.

In the next few weeks I will be selling two Homelite C51s, and a Homelite 500. Not restored but gone over, cleaned, and they seem to run well. Also a restored Remington Pro88 - see my avatar. I need to get them cleaned up, emptied, and boxed to get weights. You can see videos on my youtube page. The Pro88 is slow - I only had an 8 tooth sprocket for it. I did replace the crank seals and bearings on it. Clutch and sprocket are from a Super 1050. I machined a bushing to seal against the crank seal.

Dave,
PM Sent.
Thanks, Scott

This things gonna give my 660 some competition! I'm looking forward to running a Homelite again for the first time in a whole lotta years- Thanks again Dave!
Scott :D

Back