Homelite Super 2 - Gasket Material

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conecuh31

Reaction score
Inherited an old 78' Super 2 and I've done a number of things to get it running, including: carb rebuild, fuel line replacement, fuel filter replacement, air filter replacement, cleaned spark arrestor, and adding back missing duckbill valve, but the thing won't run. It'll start up and almost immediately die (within 1-2 seconds). I can immediately go through the same startup process and it'll start up again, and immediately die again. I had it running once for about 20 seconds one time, but eventually stalled out even as I tried to throttle up. I know the saw sat for at least 3 years with fuel in it, so I'm guessing it's still gummed up a bit. I've cleaned it out with carb spray but I'm thinking I need to soak it overnight now. The issue I have is the intake gasket is stuck to the carb. I'm pretty sure it's original to the saw and I know if I stick it in carb cleaner or seafoam, it'll be the end of it. Removing it isn't really an option as that sucker is stuck on there. Before I scrape it off and soak the carb, can anyone point me in the direction on what material I would need to cut out a new gasket? Would this material do the trick?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CNKUG...colid=GC9ASQ6RZVP4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Of course, if there's something else I should check or do before going this route, let me know. Thanks.

Hey Guys -- I put some fuel mix directly into the throat of the carb and it fired up beautifully and ran for about 5-7 seconds. It wouldn't start otherwise. Is this a pretty strong indicator that I just haven't done a good enough job cleaning the carb?

Hey Guys -- I put some fuel mix directly into the throat of the carb and it fired up beautifully and ran for about 5-7 seconds. It wouldn't start otherwise. Is this a pretty strong indicator that I just haven't done a good enough job cleaning the carb?

Yes, but I've seen some of them Super 2 carbs that would just not go.
I got lucky and had couple of good running super 2 and pulled a carb off one of them and installed and confirmed it was the carb,
I'm usually good at carbs but I never did get that super 2 carb to operate, if through a Ultra sonic.

If you are going to keep them Super 2's keep a eye open in the junk piles, etc for saws as parts donors. Also be aware that without a UT number you may not get the correct intended parts, some carbs are just different.
I think maybe some have some internal check valves that are not normally intended to be serviced or replaced, although I've replaced some of the internal check valves on the EZ carbs.

Back