Homelite Super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got an old Homelite Super 2 (16"bar) from my uncle, he told me it didn't run, i took it home poured some gas into it, now it runs, a little cleaning and a new chain and its pretty nice for small fire wood.

Anyone know anything about these saws, what is the engine cc's, what is the correct gas/oil mix?
I'm running 40:1 and she smokes bad, no misquetos by me this summer!!!

M. Acres site shows 2 versions and some info.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...7607c80db813c9a988256cd6001e1970?OpenDocument
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...599a10777002057f88256c260047d374?OpenDocument
Oil mix is 32/1, running 40/1 shouldn't hurt it. But it shouldn't smoke very much. Initial carb adjustment is 1 turn open from a lightly seated position on the L and H needles. You may be running a little rich and need to adjust the H needle. Make sure the air filter is clean and the DJ7Y plug is set at .025"

The super 2 smokes so much I believe because the oiler is operated by impulse from the crankcase, and its pulling bar oil into the case and burning it. not hurting anything, probably good because you dont have to worry about insufficient lubrication in the cylinder.

Mine smokes like mad, but it IS a great bug repellant device.

is there any way to stop bar oil from getting into the crankcase, how do i fix this, if it is infact pulling bar oil into the crakcase

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm thinking its almost time to replace this saw (soon) anyways, but I'd like to keep it, and keep it running well if possible. Any suggestions on a good bar size, 16" seems a bit big?

Mine has a 14" bar on it. that seems to be ok for its size. My saw just got new seals and bearings on the crank, so I'm gonna fix the thing in the oiler and probably keep it for a few decades.

Back