Homelite Super 240 Classic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Given to me to get running. What can you tell me about this saw? Year? cc's?etc?. Looked on mike's site and didnt get much info on the super 240. Just some on a 240. I dont know if they have anything in common or not. Seems like the original chain and bar is still on this saw. Used by a gardner for cutting bushes only. Noticed gas comes out the right side after sitting awhile. Ideas?

Last edited:
Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
As a fan of Homelite I have to admit the 240 was not a great saw. I have one here that I would let someone have for $30. It started and ran fine then stopped. I cannot get any spark out of it now.

Bill

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Ok I got it running. Cleaned plug and had fire. Cleaned carb and mixed some fresh fuel 32/1 with fuel stabilizer in it. Got it to hit. Turn high,low, idle in and back out 1 1/4 got it to fire up. Man they had the carb way off. Warmed it up and adjusted carb rest of the way. Run great now.
Why does the handle on this thing feel so loose. I tightened everything but sure is alot a play in the rubber mounts. Also gas leaks out of right side when shut off and set for awhile. Then stops, wondering where to look for this problem?

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Found the handle problem. The rear rubber vibration isolator is broke apart. Also there seems to be gas getting into the chain and bar oil reservoir. Dont like the design of the gas and bar oil being beside each other like that. Anyone know where I can look into getting parts for this saw?

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Well now the saw is mine. Guy didnt want to bother trying to get discontinued parts for the saw. So tell me where a good place is to get homelite parts?