Homelite Super XL Review!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something stronger than glue. Glue will only get you to about $150. Crack will get you to $240. Unless it's something REALLY special, like still in the box it came in, most Super XLs or XL12s sell for $50-75, or less. I paid less.

oldsaw

That was funny oldsaw,good sense of humor.I wasn't sure if you guy's south of the border used that expression or not. pioneerguy600 had I think,quoted the same for a buying price,but i came across this thread and thought i would put the post up.It did have the original cardboard box.Maybe someone was sniffing gas.LOL
Thanks oldsaw
Lawrence

Tillotson's are not rare for this saw. I have 4 XL's and they all have that carb, 2 have the quad reed cage. All have points ignition and the all run great.

Digging fool,
Where did you find a bow saw, I'm watching for one and have been looking. It wasn't a Craigslist saw was it? You mention you picked up another, how many do you have? Any pics?

Randy

Here is my red SXL, it's a good running saw.

IMG_2091.jpg

Here are my 2 newer finds, the one on the left is in pretty good shape. The right SXL runs real good but it doesn't have a manual oiler, I don't know if some came this way or it was removed. They are pretty quiet compared to a Mac 10-10 but hopefully the stack exhaust will fix that.

IMG_2116.jpg
Most of the sxl`s came with auto oilers They seemed to use the old xl12 casings & plugged the oil pump hole with either a black or chrome grommet it`s easy to tell the auto oilers just behind the oil filler plug is approx 5/8th dia slotted round plug if you unscrew it you will find attached a moulded rubber pipe with a fitting on the bottom which is part of the auto oiling system if it has this plug it was not fitted with a manual oiler

Of the 5 SXLs I have had (3 sold) the three red ones had auto and manual assist oilers. I had a new "old blue SXL" that had the manual assist also. The oldest one I had was a carolina blue and white SXL, had the auto oiler and a plug in the maual pump. I have seen pictures of others, but I think most had both oilers.

Last edited:
How does the Super XL2 auto fare. I know they are only 26cc odd & I haven't had mine up & running as yet since replacing the on/off switch. It apparently ran well though...

Attachments

• IMG20190704191829.jpg
    IMG20190704191829.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
Here, in Europe, a guy can put up an advertisement for $ 400 if someone pays it, it's nice ;-) SXLAUTO

Back