Homelite Super XL sprocket bearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
ok guys,
was cuttin this past week with my super xl trying to remove a massive oak stump from the yard. Needless to say up here in western pa i got soaked to the bone about half way through the project. Not wanting to catch somthin, me and the homie seeked shelter in the basement. i was beat after a loooong day, and decided to let her dry off untill later that night. to make a long story short, it was a few days before i got to cleanin her up real good. So i go down and discover that the sprocket bearing is completely seized up :bang: I guess i should have tended to my saw a bit earlier, and perhaps greased her up a bit better. Well, i guess now i need a new bearing, and since i was thinking about getting a rim sprocket anyway, i need to find out if the aftermarket parts come with bearings? or must i try to find them elsewhere? I think the oregon rim system is No. 30666X. does this include the much needed bearings? (looks as if the oem part has the bearings pretty well pressed into the sprocket)
Thanks !!
~Mike

thanks guys, the bearing came out after a soaking in wd40 the other night. i think if i clean it up it can be saved. (here i come orange juice :heart: ) No laughing it works.

:) Well folks, orange juice saved the day!!! and the super XL sprocket bearing!!!! after letting the partially corroded parts soak in the juice for a few days, the assembly is remarkably smooth!! should last for a good while, atleast untill i round up funds for a new sprocket. Ill be :chainsaw: in no time!

Back