Homelite SXLAO Clutch and other repairs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asand1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm working on a saw for a co-worker and Ive found the source of his main complaint plus another serious issue. 1st his fuel line was broken in the tank right at the grommet. Second his spur is badly worn, and the needle cage was gone with all the needles jammed on one side and bone dry.
HomieXL.jpg

Homieclutch.jpg

homieclutch2.jpg

Is there a rim-drive clutch that will fit this saw?
Are there any kits including bearings?
I've found a couple sources that say "call for price" on the drum. anyone know what the price might be before I call Monday?

Well my coworker got spoiled borrowing an 026 and would rather buy a new Stihl than repair the Homie. Would someone tell me what a "dead" Homie is worth, and what a running one is worth. If anyone would like to purchase this one still dead I might be able to facilitate that. Still hoping he'll give it to me.:)

Sorry image links are broken. I was given this saw, and purchased the parts to repair it. After some time the previous owner decided he wanted his saw back due to it being handed down from his father. I traded it back to him for an engine stand.

SXLAO

Trashed spur drive

Trashed drum and bearing parts

New clutch parts delivered

Assembled

Last edited:
Back