Homelite What is it??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend gave me a really rough Homelite Model # 104584, S/N: 693103015. Can anyone tell me anything about it, Model name?? Is worth even trying to salvage or just parts - its pretty rough. If it's a worthwhile saw, I'll post a picture and maybe it can help some one out. Thanks for your help

I used to have a folder with the UT numbers in it, but I cant find it. If I do find it, unless someone else has it offhand, I'll tell ya.

Thank You

Yep, that looks like it, I'll take it apart tomorrow/or maybe not - this one is more than rough and I think it may be beyond me at this time. Maybe I can salvage a few parts or stuff for my Super XL-AO. Thanks again.

The UT number for a 550 is 10458 so check the number on your saw as you posted it as 104584. If you are lloking for parts for a SXL the 550 is not a good canidate as most parts do not interchange. If you want to sell the 550 or trade it for a SXL let me know.

Bill

Checked the UT number, it is 104584 and the s/n is as mentioned. I am attaching some pics, I hope they are useful. This saw is probably to much for a first project saw-so if its helpful to one of you send me an email.

Last edited:
Thanks Oldsaw, I'm not sure if this isn't too much of a goner/complicated for a 1st rebuild/salvage. Maybe the saw would be of use to someone else or as a trade for a SXL-AO parts saw. Comments or questions???

I love my SXL-AO and want to keep it forever, I've learned that this 550 is allot bigger than the SXL and I'm actually looking for a smaller saw for "on the ground" limbing and small bucking. I climb telephone poles, not trees. Weird huh? Anything I can't handle with the SXL-AO is probably to big for this rookie.

Latest posts

Back