Homelite XL Automatic Model 10532

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driver, here's a photo of the carb underneath the plate...it appears spotless with no dirt.black stuff or grease....it also looks like it's some sort of gasket and so I'm wondering if it needs to be removed? I think it's likely that trying to get the gasket out to look on the underside will damage it, and I don't know if I'd be able to get a new one. Thoughts?
Thanks

Attachments

• Thompson-Nicola O (Lower North Thompson)-20141210-00169.jpg
    Thompson-Nicola O (Lower North Thompson)-20141210-00169.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 9
The trash screen in in the approx. 1/4" dia. hole at right middle. Pick it out with a needle and clean him.

Before you put the screen, very, very gently push a fine wire down the hole in the center of the bore. What you want to do is push the needle off its seat in the metering chamber.

Then using an eyedropper, drip mix and push needle to fill the metering chamber. Replace screen and push in to the bottom with a drill bit shank.

Before your replace the cover flood the pump side with mix from your eyedropper. Sometimes it helps the check flaps to soften up and seal so it will pump.

Thanks Driver...not sure what you mean when you say "flood the pump side with mix"....dumb question but which is the pump side in the photo?
Cheers

Sorry for the delayed response....have not had time to follow up on the progress. The saw is now running really well...just need to adjust the carb settings for idling...just dies off after a moment when no throttle. Otherwise it sounds really good. One dumb question that I have...in my hurry to get this thing running I have forgotten which order the bar guides go back....in fact I even forgotten which way up they should be!!! :confused: Have attached a few photos hoping someone can help? I tried one way but it seemed the chain was binding a little.
All help appreciated.

Attachments

• Thompson-Nicola O (Lower North Thompson)-20141216-00175.jpg
    Thompson-Nicola O (Lower North Thompson)-20141216-00175.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1
Back