Homelite XL700 Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I finally found my camera, it was right where my wife put it. I got the 700 a week or so ago and have only played with it a little. I put a shot of mix in the carb and it fired up and sounds great. The screws on the muffler are pretty rusty so I'm soaking them with WD40. Once I get a look inside the exhaust ports I'll decide if I'll just try running it the way it is, Joe.

006-6.jpg

005-7.jpg

Xl700

Nice looking saw. I just bought one also , but yours looks nicer . Mine is a combination of red & blue sections . Not sure how that came about .I'm needing a new fuel line & air filter . But I'm looking for any spare parts I can find . Maybe we could share info whenever we get something ? God bless, Ken

I just went back out to doodle with the saw some. Pulled the muffler and the spark arrester looked like new, was hoping it might be a low use saw. Peeked in the port and crap, it looks pretty scored up. I hope this picture is big and clear enough. What do you think, Joe.

009-6.jpg

010-3.jpg

Nice looking saw. I just bought one also , but yours looks nicer . Mine is a combination of red & blue sections . Not sure how that came about .I'm needing a new fuel line & air filter . But I'm looking for any spare parts I can find . Maybe we could share info whenever we get something ? God bless, Ken

Ken, keep in touch, I'll keep updates coming. Where's Franklin? Joe.

Xl700

Ken, keep in touch, I'll keep updates coming. Where's Franklin? Joe.

Hi Joe, I can't believe I actually found a reply button to respond to you. Hey, please use my email "[email protected]" so I don't have to figure out how to respond to you each time. Where are you located ? I'm in Franklin, Pa 16323 so if you do a search on Mapquest it'll be more direct . Did you ever hear of Erie, Pa & Pittsburgh, Pa. ? Well I'm in between the two cities about 1 1/2 hours drive . I'm not good at map questions & answers but I guess I'm in northwestern section of Pa. I've not traveled much & when I had a wife & we went anywhere , she did the driving or we would've gotten lost .I'm what is called a home body .It would be neat if we was close to each other . I enjoy meeting people with same interests . By the way, I have a perfect match for the blue paint mixture if you would want it .Email me sometime , I'd enjoy chatting about this saw . Your piston doesn't look good . Thank God, mine looks great .I'm still trying to get a new fuel line . I won one on ebay , but the seller has never sent me an invoice since last months bidding so I'm still looking . God bless, Ken:chainsaw:

rarefish 383

Hi Joe, anything new ? I still haven't found a new gasline for my XL700 . I had a guy drop off 4 saws a couple weeks ago in agreement to try & get the one running (without any money spent on it). Not possible since the electronic module is shot . Good compression but no sparkie . He gave me a Pioneer 1200, Homelite XL12,McCulloch ProMac ? . I also picked up a very nice Cub Cadet 1711 Hydro lawn tractor but now problems . Somehow , somewhere , it lost oil & locked up . I'm hoping to soak pistons & free it up . Me & my friend who is my repairman can't see any evidence as to where the oil went .I had just changed the oil before runniong it so I know it was full . It just makes me sick seeing that 17 hp twin seized up .I misplaced your email address , if you wanta , email me & give it to me again . God bless, Ken:mad:

Back