Homelite xp1130

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disandat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I asked a friend if I could "borrow" his saw for a weekend. What I did not know was the actual size of it. Anyway, he said "Borrow it? You can have it. It's too much saw for me."

Anyone know about the Homelite xp1130? Would like to get a couple of shorters bars and chain set-ups.

This saw is gear driven, 100cc's. Pretty scarey looking. Any other knowlege would be helpful.

PS

One easy thing I'd like to know is what kind of gear lube do I use in it? Got some other stuff off of a collector's site. Oh, and what bar and chain combo can I get for it as well as air filters?

Last edited:
Yep except mine doesn't have the G on the end. Mine has a 39" bar just changed the plug and cleaned up the intaked area. Carb looks good. The saw supposedly runs but is low on bar oil and gear oil.

Just used general purpose multi weight automotive gear lube, cleaned the old filter, topped off the bar lube, changed the plug and fired it up. Cut through a nice cured Douglas Fir log. That was fun so I thought to I flipped it up on end and ripped it right down the middle. About an 18" dia. log 4' long.

That was fun. But I still need the new bar and chain. Don't want to do any more "fun" stuff without it or my fun could turn into a fun doctor visit.

Had a chance to take the saw into a couple of dealers today. Got very little help. That's o.k. It's definitely a museum piece, unless I can fill my shopping list for it. :dizzy:

Sounds like a fun saw!

Sounds like a fun saw to me.... probably would be great for milling. Difficult to say whether you would ever find replacement parts, though. When it breaks, it might be broken for good. Price was right, though!

Last edited:
I believe the 1130 still was in the Homelite line into the early 1980's. I cannot find my advertising books from the 1980's tonight but I do have one in front of me now from 1979. I still has the 1130 featured.

BillG

My local Stihl dealer actually had manuals on computer for it and he actually has enough chain to make me one. But he wanted to hold off until I located another bar. There is an old-timer (meaning has worked on Homelites for multiple decades) around here that I need to locate. He might actually have an extra bar.

The dealer told me that 1/2" pitch chain was used for racing until it was all used up. Not much around. He said that it might be possible to find a .404 sprocket and then my chain hunting would be easy. This is, I have to say, is a fun hobby. How'd I ever miss out for so many years? You guys with all the saws...you find 'em, fix 'em, show 'em, and sometimes get to run 'em. There's something about the smell of two-stroke exhaust mixing with the aroma of fresh saw chips that just gets a guy's blood pumping in the morning.

disandat said:
This is, I have to say, is a fun hobby. How'd I ever miss out for so many years? You guys with all the saws...you find 'em, fix 'em, show 'em, and sometimes get to run 'em. There's something about the smell of two-stroke exhaust mixing with the aroma of fresh saw chips that just gets a guy's blood pumping in the morning.

Now that you are hooked on the chain saw bug you need to make some room in the garage and build some shelves. I still remember the look of dispair when I told my wife she not be able park her car in the garage because I need a place to work on my saws. :p Have fun!!!

If you ever get tired of the 1130, just ley me know, I've always got room for one. parts for such a saw are getting hardre to find now, but they CAN be found, if you look hard enough, and have a rather large wallet.

klickitatsacket said:
sorry about not getting your call. I have had a phone problen the last few days. I got your PM and will try and get everything checked and sorted out.

Ok. We are up in the N. I-5 area. Wouldn't mind driving down there in a few weeks to check out your store and pick-up the parts.

disandat said:
I'm new to the forum. I asked a friend if I could "borrow" his saw for a weekend. What I did not know was the actual size of it. Anyway, he said "Borrow it? You can have it. It's too much saw for me."

Anyone know about the Homelite xp1130? Would like to get a couple of shorters bars and chain set-ups.

This saw is gear driven, 100cc's. Pretty scarey looking. Any other knowlege would be helpful.

PS

One easy thing I'd like to know is what kind of gear lube do I use in it? Got some other stuff off of a collector's site. Oh, and what bar and chain combo can I get for it as well as air filters?

Hope you don't mind the quote? Any chance of a picture? :)

Yeah, I'll get a picture up pretty soon. I don't have a digital camera. I'm still in the stone ages, but I'm almost finished with a roll of film and I'll get a picture scanned in next week.......I know I've got you on the edge of your seat in anticipation...:D

Latest posts

Back