Homelite xp1130

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a running one as well, they are not hard to get parts for. For that matter a lot of stuff is the same as the "C-series" saws and there is a ton of them around. The 1/2 chain is the issue. I have enough around where its going to outlast me. Somewhere I posted a picture of mine...Nice big saw. All the old Homelites I have that were not running needs a fuel line and a little attention on the points...maybe a carb kit and thats it.

I have a lead on some 1/2" chain. The guy has just enough to complete my saw and that's it. Hate to show off a saw with a nasty, beat-up chain. :blob2:

weimedog said:
I got a running one as well, they are not hard to get parts for. For that matter a lot of stuff is the same as the "C-series" saws and there is a ton of them around. QUOTE]

Well I am not sure I would go that far. If you have a line on 1130G .404 sprockets let me know. I have a good supply of 1130G saws but only one .404 sprocket. You mentioned the C-Series. The C series was discountined prior to the 1130G. I would not say parts are not hard to find.

Bill

Just wondering, along the lines of sprockets, does Oregon sell .404 sprockets that will fit the Xp1130? They have something called a Powermate Rim Sprocket. Just wondering if that will fit my saw?????

I dont know if that will fit a geardrive, most often rim setups only work on direct drive machines.

Yeah, that makes sense. The 1050 and the 1130 were similar it seems except for the gears. Looks like it's going to be 1/2" on this one.

The .404 should be easier to find for the 1130G than it is for the Stihl 090G. They also should be much easier to make. I will refer to Al Smith on that issue so I hope he weighs in. I will attach a pic of a .404 for the 1130G and a 1/2 for the 090G. Hopefully next week I can show you what a 090G .404 looks like.

Bill

Last edited:
On the C-Series vs. XP-Series; there is a lot of cross over in parts. Ignition parts, Handles, pul starts and in some cases tankes etc. I have a pile in the garage to pick over for parts. The gear drive has differences vs. the direct but still parts do cross.

Just got a couple of new (old but never used) bars and was able to by enough Stihl 1/2 chain for them. Took the saw out today for the first time. Even got some pictures (dorky though) of us using the saw on some poor tree.

It was a blast. The saw runs really well. Needs a little work on the ignition. It sure is a beast though. I'll try to post some pictures of the before bars and after bars pretty soon.

Oh, by the way, the red paint on the saw...what about Dupont Red???

Bill G said:
The .404 should be easier to find for the 1130G than it is for the Stihl 090G. They also should be much easier to make. I will refer to Al Smith on that issue so I hope he weighs in. I will attach a pic of a .404 for the 1130G and a 1/2 for the 090G. Hopefully next week I can show you what a 090G .404 looks like.

Bill
I must have missed this one,sorry.The .404 Homelite spur would be a piece of cake to make,as compared to the 090G.It would still take 3 or 4 hrs,for a guy like me with machine tools made in the thirty's.A CNC mill would cut that thing in about 5 minutes.

According to the parts list I just received in the mail, they made an 8 tooth 1/2 and an optional 7 tooth 9/16 sprocket for it. These sprockets were milled with two locking keys.

The xp1120 is a little different as it was made with all sorts of options 3/8 8 tooth, .404 7 tooth, 7/16 7 tooth and 1/2 6 tooth. Some of these were the "splined type" sprockets which came in .404 7 tooth, 7/16 7 tooth , and 1/2 7 tooth. Lots of options with the 1120. There's got to be some of these sprockets around somewhere.

You are comparing apples with oranges.The 1130G is a gear drive saw that uses a simple spur sprocket that is keyed on the output shaft of the reduction unit.The xp1120 is a direct drive saw that could either use a spur clutch drum or a conventional rim sprocket drive.The original drives were 6 spline,versus 7 spline used by Oregon and other makers.

Back