homemade 3 strand flipline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kid might be the real deal… who knows at this point.

Thing is, Zin, you needs to go to work for a real tree person first, then start accumulating nice climbing
gear,,etc. on your own.

You’re probably going to end up bringing it into your day job and getting it dirty just to make that next step (improving you game). This seems like where you should be at right now. Just my opinion from glazing over the posts.

This kid might be the real deal… who knows at this point.

Thing is, Zin, you needs to go to work for a real tree person first, then start accumulating nice climbing
gear,,etc. on your own.

You’re probably going to end up bringing it into your day job and getting it dirty just to make that next step (improving you game). This seems like where you should be at right now. Just my opinion from glazing over the posts.
as soon as im old enough to get a job working for a tree company thats the first thing im doing

ive got what feels to me just the right amount of gear, not hoarding it, but not so little that I never have what I need

and, im not scared to get it dirty if it means im gonna learn lol

I dont wanna feel stupid here

you do mean bartlett arborist supply right?

Lol. No, it’s like a pretty big, old tree service. Full of total douchebags. You should fit right in (no… lol). Once one makes it there for a year or two they’re pretty much ready to go out there and lay it on heavy.

Lol. No, it’s like a pretty big, old tree service. Full of total douchebags. You should fit right in (no… lol). One one makes it there for a year or two they’re pretty much ready to go out there and lay it on heavy.
ohhhhh ok, I figured my thinking wasnt right, if they are in my area then ill look into it

im friends with the owner of a local company, not sure how much id like working for him tho, and he's looking at moving to fl

and, what tjl said, im a one man show rn, working for myself doing odd jobs for friends, so far so good

my dad dropped his class A, to many work issues "hey, can you haul this oversize load across the country, without permits?"

although it seems to be a plus for getting jobs in tree work, class A, and learn to back a chipper up

Big part these days.

There’s no sense wasting time getting the class B CDL. Just do it right the first time and be done with it. Unless you’re a flake and everyone hates you, you’ll always be able to land a job. Plus it’ll be handy for your own thing later.

Big part these days.

There’s no sense wasting time getting the class B CDL. Just do it right the first time and be done with it. Unless you’re a flake and everyone hates you, you’ll always be able to land a job. Plus it’ll be handy for your own thing later.
if I recall, a chipper is classed as a trailer, so a class B is useless for tree work

Latest posts

Back