Homeowner to Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBunz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do I go from low end homeowner to chainsaw pro? What are some training routines to improve my skill with a saw?

Befriend a local firewood / Timberjack and offer to help for knowledge. I will teach you everything I know if you will help me load, unload, and stack everything we cut. . YouTube has some good video series. It also has a ton of ignorance as well so use common sense

I just don't want to be known as a goofy homeowner. What things do the pros do/need to be considered such?

I'm becoming more proficient with more time felling trees, limbing and cutting firewood. The trees in my area are not that thick, maybe 24" diameter red oak max. I don't plan on being a chainsaw carver. I just want to fell trees with the best of them.

I just don't want to be known as a goofy homeowner. What things do the pros do/need to be considered such?

Well, getting rid of the naked pic of yourself as an avatar would be a step in the right direction in shedding the goofy moniker. As far as the pro part, time and effort are the only solution. Short cuts just get you maimed or killed.

Well, getting rid of the naked pic of yourself as an avatar would be a step in the right direction in shedding the goofy moniker. As far as the pro part, time and effort are the only solution. Short cuts just get you maimed or killed.

So how much time before I can start calling myself a pro chainsawer

Back