homie 31" bar and .5 links

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugfart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a 31" Homelite bar...

L33R
T018
SP31403-H2

I know it's .375 (3/8)

What I have no idea is how many links it needs or where to get a chain. I'll go out on a limb and say all Homelite 3/8 pitch are .50 guage.

Now it gets interesting...
This appears to fit the sxl925 and C series saws. I also have the parts to turn a C series saw into .375 pitch instead of .404, the best reason you never realized you could swap bars on these models is a previously thought notion that you couldnt make C series .375. That with a reluctance to go back to the .404 with your 925.

There is also the fact that only the 925 uses a 70 link 20" bar where just about every other xl and sxl series use the slightly lighter 72 link 20" bar and chain.

That's when I had a senior moment and began not to believe even myself. .28571 inches per link is what did it to me. So, lets say 3.5 links per inch of bar. 105 of these should make a 30" 108.5 for the 31". half a link huh?

Let me wipe off the sweat....

Can anybody help before I pop my last brain cell like a zit? Please?

Oh wait! Then I'm thinking about the guy in the boat looking for a saw that couldnt possibly drive the size bar he wants, because this looks like it would fit a 150, and a SEZ and a xl12... You might run out of oil before it coats the entire chain, but...

bugfart said:
There is also the fact that only the 925 uses a 70 link 20" bar where just about every other xl and sxl series use the slightly lighter 72 link 20" bar and chain.

Well any and all XL12, SXL i ever installed a 20" bar and or chain on has ALWAYS been 3/8" x .050" x 70 drive links.... just my 2 cents:cheers:

Scott

Doesn't work when I try it.
Chain is too short because the bar is wider.
72 doesnt work on a 925 because the chain ends up too long. Mixing doesnt work either, more of each worst world.

31-inch homie bar

My Homelite brand 31" bar for my SXL-925 takes 104 links of 3/8" pitch 0.063 gauge chain. It is a power match bar by Oregon.

Back