• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell HONDA GX390 13HP log splitter engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr-enuf

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I purchased a RAYCO splitter and decided to put my Kawie engine on it so I do not need this engine. It is a HONDA GX390, 13HP horizontal shaft, self contained fuel tank. The compression checks out to be inline with what it should be. Runs great, starts on first or second pull.
New these engines sell for $769 at Northerntool.

I am pretty sure the engine was made in 2006 - the splitter was purchased new from the previous owner, he stated the splitter was used about 30 hrs per year and by looking at the splitter I would agree. The splitter by no means was used by a high volume dealer. The owner thought he could make $$$ by selling split wood that he was paid to cut down but realized too much work for the little $$ to be made.

Per Northern on the GX390"The Honda 389cc GX Series OHV commercial-grade engine is designed for the most demanding commercial applications. It has set an industry standard for reliability and durability. Overhead Valve design offers cooler, fuel-efficient operation and cast iron cylinder sleeve provides longer service life. The GX is reliable, easy starting and quiet running. Meets EPA and CARB emission levels standards. This legendary engine has earned the reputation as the preferred engine for construction equipment. Common applications include pressure washers, compressors, go-karts, log splitters and chipper/shredders"

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 31
Sorry - forgot to mention the best way to contact me 262-719-4047
Price - best offer since I could hang onto it as a spare but I am willing to sell.
Trades - would love to have a 346xp in replace of my 50 rancher

Latest posts

Back