Hoockaroon won't stick?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ8Ted

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have made a couple of hookaroons, the first was a test to see if I was going to like it. I have been using them even for rounds that I have to lift with two hands. The last few weeks I have been having trouble with the tip of the hoockroon coming out as I try to lift the round. I think it is because the rounds are green, fresh cut, white oak. (branches pushing buds) Hookaroon vets what gives?

Ted

I have made a couple of hookaroons, the first was a test to see if I was going to like it. I have been using them even for rounds that I have to lift with two hands. The last few weeks I have been having trouble with the tip of the hoockroon coming out as I try to lift the round. I think it is because the rounds are green, fresh cut, white oak. (branches pushing buds) Hookaroon vets what gives?
Ted

No clue (obviously) as to the shape of your hook, but my LogRite 36"-er is progressively more difficult to set the point as the wood DRIES out. 4-month vet with the tool.

On the on i made i gave the oick a slight curve and bent just the tip in a little more and it seems to work good.

On the on i made i gave the oick a slight curve and bent just the tip in a little more and it seems to work good.

Here's mine:

004.jpg

Fairly simple to make, compression coupling from the plumbing department, length of 1/2" 'AllThread', closet pole. I made it 7' long to reach the front of the bed without having to crawl up into it unloading. That little "hook" at the end seems to be the answer. Great for draggin chunks to within reach from the ground. Could be made any lenght. Much cheaper than the commercial ones.

Harry K

I have been messing with the shape of the point, I guess i am not finished grinding yet. Ith works well in the dry stuff.

Thanks, Ted

Latest posts

Back