Hot Rod Ported Polished Husqvarna 346XP Chainsaw Dirty Saw non X Torq NO EPA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346xp

I just got mine in and it sounds great and cut a 17" piece of oak in about 15 sec. I never ran a saw with such high rpm so I will have to get used to it. 20" bar 3/8 chain and 7 tooth sprocket. I have a good feeling about this one.

I just got mine in and it sounds great and cut a 17" piece of oak in about 15 sec. I never ran a saw with such high rpm so I will have to get used to it. 20" bar 3/8 chain and 7 tooth sprocket. I have a good feeling about this one.

You bought one of the 346s off of that dude on ebay???

I talked to Jeff last night. He is not a BS'er. With amount of references he attempted to give me and his extensive knowledge lead me to believe he is legit. Look at his work in the pictures. I learned quite a lot talking to him. Ya some of you like to post your diarrhea of the mouth on here. I'm seriously tempted to pay the money on one of his saws or send him my MS361 or MS460. Those are my two favorite saws. He's not re-listing the same saw for sale. He does some volume.

Yes, its expensive. Do I need one, probably not but if it gives more production cut faster, lasts longer, runs cooler... im tempted.

I talked to Jeff last night. He is not a BS'er. With amount of references he attempted to give me and his extensive knowledge lead me to believe he is legit. Look at his work in the pictures. I learned quite a lot talking to him. Ya some of you like to post your diarrhea of the mouth on here. I'm seriously tempted to pay the money on one of his saws or send him my MS361 or MS460. Those are my two favorite saws. He's not re-listing the same saw for sale. He does some volume.

Yes, its expensive. Do I need one, probably not but if it gives more production cut faster, lasts longer, runs cooler... im tempted.

Please do it!!! :rock:

It's totally worth over double what a new saw costs! :laugh:

Especially for the awesome, super clean port work. :msp_rolleyes:

Are you really Tempted? Or somebody else?

AH...You are coming on kinda strong there fella for someone who became a member in Jan, has one post and lives in a?

OK ill bite.

Ive been reading for a few years refusing to "sign up". I had to when I wanted to search some info on MS660 issues and felt compelled to reply to the questioning on the original thread that has been turned into another... Unfortunately you cant search with in the site without being a member. Its like Facebook on here at times. Some egos, perhaps your a Punk with a stuck in high school mentality. Maybe your mother did not hug you enough? Please don't get upset IM only kidding, sort of? What I do know is I have enough drama in my life from employees, equipment down, a few difficult to please customers...

I decided to not buy a saw from Jeff ill send him a 460 and let ya know how it goes. You right its kinda a waste of money but so was dumping 5k into my snowmobile engine. To each his own. Today my local dealer made me a hell of a deal on another MS460 $809 (no bar) Im only putting Sugihara bars on my saws. Its true, Stihl saws wear out bars but Sugihara will out last your saw. Stihl bars R JUNK! Reason Im not buying a Husky is they IMHO are inferior to STIHL. Now settle down don't get all ruffled up if your a husky fan lets not continue to jack this thread. I just don't like the facts my dealer told me based on their experiences on long term costs of the new ones, auto adjust carb, many moving plastic parts choke, and shut off compared to Stihl. The dealer sells Stihl and Husky. When he told me how many Huskys they scrap out and the high cost to fix the new ones (auto adjust + carb is over $160) with there issues and the fixing they do to them... that was plenty of proof to stick with what has worked for me.

Peace

If he's legit have him sign u here and share his knowledge. Also if he's no BS'er why are most of the pics of the 550xp and 562xp pictures of a 346xp?? With that said until he signs up here and proves otherwise i think he's FOS.

OK ill bite.

Ive been reading for a few years refusing to "sign up". I had to when I wanted to search some info on MS660 issues and felt compelled to reply to the questioning on the original thread that has been turned into another... Unfortunately you cant search with in the site without being a member. Its like Facebook on here at times. Some egos, perhaps your a Punk with a stuck in high school mentality. Maybe your mother did not hug you enough? Please don't get upset IM only kidding, sort of? What I do know is I have enough drama in my life from employees, equipment down, a few difficult to please customers...

I decided to not buy a saw from Jeff ill send him a 460 and let ya know how it goes. You right its kinda a waste of money but so was dumping 5k into my snowmobile engine. To each his own. Today my local dealer made me a hell of a deal on another MS460 $809 (no bar) Im only putting Sugihara bars on my saws. Its true, Stihl saws wear out bars but Sugihara will out last your saw. Stihl bars R JUNK! Reason Im not buying a Husky is they IMHO are inferior to STIHL. Now settle down don't get all ruffled up if your a husky fan lets not continue to jack this thread. I just don't like the facts my dealer told me based on their experiences on long term costs of the new ones, auto adjust carb, many moving plastic parts choke, and shut off compared to Stihl. The dealer sells Stihl and Husky. When he told me how many Huskys they scrap out and the high cost to fix the new ones (auto adjust + carb is over $160) with there issues and the fixing they do to them... that was plenty of proof to stick with what has worked for me.

Peace

Here's a thought I dont want to see pictures of his less than stellar port work. :msp_wink:

I want video's of his saw doing more than being held. That'd be Kosher Dill Pickle. Until then I'll call his work what it is which is a joke. So dude that lives in A when you get said saw ported or lack there of post a video.

If he's legit have him sign u here and share his knowledge. Also if he's no BS'er why are most of the pics of the 550xp and 562xp pictures of a 346xp?? With that said until he signs up here and proves otherwise i think he's FOS.

Absolutely...and he knows his a major BS artist. Lot's pseudo-expert writing and a photo abulm full of excellent photography can't hide the poor workmanship and glaring misrepresentations.

Here's a thought I dont want to see pictures of his less than stellar port work. :msp_wink:

I want video's of his saw doing more than being held. That'd be Kosher Dill Pickle. Until then I'll call his work what it is which is a joke. So dude that lives in A when you get said saw ported or lack there of post a video.

A video would be great, but I would settle for him to show up here and talk about his work. He doesn't have to give away his secrets, I think we have enough top-notch builders who extensively share the details of their work. But hiding behind slick photos and hyperbole ad nauseum makes me think he is nothing more than a hack feeding on the unknowing and unsuspecting.

OK ill bite.......I decided to not buy a saw from Jeff ill send him a 460 and let ya know how it goes....

Tell you what, you get that saw back and let me know where you can attend a GTG (you know what that is, right?), and I will send my ported 046. I will bet you a case of beer that my saw is faster. If you win you don't even have to pay up.

...Today my local dealer made me a hell of a deal on another MS460 $809 (no bar)...

That's a decent price. You will like that saw.

Im only putting Sugihara bars on my saws. Its true, Stihl saws wear out bars but Sugihara will out last your saw. Stihl bars R JUNK! Reason Im not buying a Husky is they IMHO are inferior to STIHL...

You just lost any credibility you might have. Stihl bars are among the very best made. And that is coming from someone who has three Sugi bars.

I'd like to chime and say I'm a hack with a grinder too. I always polish the intake and rough out my exhaust cause your suppose to right? It helps the fuel puddle like it should, right? LOL

"An uneducated fool and his money are soon parted."

I used to build SuperStock iron V8 heads and some 2stroke play toys. Theses days I build what works and lives in the real world. I could blow my own horn to but, what good would it do to hind behind "Red-O-Rick", your new word for the day, and BS. ROF

Yea, Stihl bars are #### to. That's why I use them everyday :laugh:

Where do these guy and their possies, poosies, #####s, it's all the same, come from?

Wish I was a 40%er...

Need to change my LoCal to "Z" and hind in the bushes to dodge those intelligent questions when they pop up. :msp_tongue:

nmurph, I do like the MS460 its my 2nd one. But it dosent seem to have the power of my first which blew up. Its broken in for sure, I have over 2 gallons of fuel through it. I can slow it down by putting pressure on the saw when cutting into a log which makes me wonder if the first 460 I had was modded? I bought it used off EBAY. I did not matter how hard you dug into a log on the old 460 it would not slow down, it was serous power (until it generated a air leak) Than I made the mistake of putting a NWP top end kit on it. The shop that put it on did a leak down test on it over night, It held compression overnight, I saw it with my own eyes!!! Than it lost power after a few tanks of fuel, looked into the exhaust port and said WTH? Im told OEM parts only.

Sugi has a harder rail than the Stihl and its lighter. Ok ill admit the ES Stihl is good but the replaceable tip Sugi seems to last me many times longer. But im not one of the guys who runs whatever cocktail mix left over home made oil bar lube. Oilers are cranked up all the way with Stihl bar oil only. Maybe I am a "uneducated fool" wasting a whole $5 or 6 a gallon xtra buying reputable bar oil than buying the cheaper stuff?

Im sorry to report Im not sending a saw to get modded by this guy. I had to replace a transfer case in a Silverado and a drive line in a F350. The white gold here in "A" (south part of the Mitten, lol) has properly flogged my trucks and waiting to get paid from some slow payers leaves funds tight. + you haters have me nervous now. Most of you probably know many times more than I do about mods. Ill pass on the unnecessary chainsaw mods for now and in time go with someone off the site here who you people dont hate lol.

nmurph, I do like the MS460 its my 2nd one. But it dosent seem to have the power of my first which blew up. Its broken in for sure, I have over 2 gallons of fuel through it. I can slow it down by putting pressure on the saw when cutting into a log which makes me wonder if the first 460 I had was modded? I bought it used off EBAY. I did not matter how hard you dug into a log on the old 460 it would not slow down, it was serous power (until it generated a air leak) Than I made the mistake of putting a NWP top end kit on it. The shop that put it on did a leak down test on it over night, It held compression overnight, I saw it with my own eyes!!! Than it lost power after a few tanks of fuel, looked into the exhaust port and said WTH? Im told OEM parts only.

Sugi has a harder rail than the Stihl and its lighter. Ok ill admit the ES Stihl is good but the replaceable tip Sugi seems to last me many times longer. But im not one of the guys who runs whatever cocktail mix left over home made oil bar lube. Oilers are cranked up all the way with Stihl bar oil only. Maybe I am a "uneducated fool" wasting a whole $5 or 6 a gallon xtra buying reputable bar oil than buying the cheaper stuff?

Im sorry to report Im not sending a saw to get modded by this guy. I had to replace a transfer case in a Silverado and a drive line in a F350. The white gold here in "A" (south part of the Mitten, lol) has properly flogged my trucks and waiting to get paid from some slow payers leaves funds tight. + you haters have me nervous now. Most of you probably know many times more than I do about mods. Ill pass on the unnecessary chainsaw mods for now and in time go with someone off the site here who you people dont hate lol.

No one here hates the ebay modder dude. It's just plain to see that he's a huckster. In every one of his listings he uses pics of the same cylinder.....a 346XP. The work that he's done to that cylinder amounts to nothing that would make the saw a uber special runner.....if fact some of it looks like a child played with it.

But why?

If we did it would be like handing money to a pan handler that has a pocket full already. :msp_tongue:

Ok then we need to figure something out. Have his address maybe have a local member swing by and test run?

Back