HotBlast 1950 blower question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaMay

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,

After much to do, my husband and I purchased a Hotblast 1950 two years ago. Love this unit! Burns clean, uses less wood and keeps us warm up here in Wisconsin.
This year the hubby has to oil the blower according to the manual. The manual says to oil two bearing on the blower. We called our local company who installed the furnace and the dealer said he would have to call US stove. We tried to contact US stoves and so far have had no luck getting anyone. The manual is rather "lame" in details. The unit looks sealed...

Has anyone done this? We thought there should be guides or oil holes like on my sewing machine.

Can anyone help us out with the who, what and wheres?

Thanks much!!
Lisa

This may not be the same but................

On my 1557 on each blower motor there are two brass tube pipes if you like sticking out on the left hand side...They have rubber caps that you must pop off and put the 2 drops of 20 weight non detergent oil in.....

I hope this helps...

I looked at ours yesterday and it said every 3 years to oil, but ours are a sealed unit also.

On my 1557 on each blower motor there are two brass tube pipes if you like sticking out on the left hand side...They have rubber caps that you must pop off and put the 2 drops of 20 weight non detergent oil in.....

I hope this helps...
+1 mine says one drop ever 6 months

Hi to everyone,

After much to do, my husband and I purchased a Hotblast 1950 two years ago. Love this unit! Burns clean, uses less wood and keeps us warm up here in Wisconsin.
This year the hubby has to oil the blower according to the manual. The manual says to oil two bearing on the blower. We called our local company who installed the furnace and the dealer said he would have to call US stove. We tried to contact US stoves and so far have had no luck getting anyone. The manual is rather "lame" in details. The unit looks sealed...

Has anyone done this? We thought there should be guides or oil holes like on my sewing machine.

Can anyone help us out with the who, what and wheres?

Thanks much!!
Lisa

Can I ask where you purchased your 1950?

I hope this helps...

Not to get off topic here or hijack the thread, but how old is your 1557? I bought mine last october and that I'm aware of have no oil ports??

Mine is 3 years old...

ahh ok... well after talking with tech support from us stove, I found out that in '07 and '08 models, they were using a different model blower that had sealed bearings... they soon found out that was a mistake and they went back to the blowers with the oil ports on them.. they are sending me two new blowers free of charge with the oil ports so hopefully I'll have as much luck with them as most other people on here do.

Back