Hotsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok from what you are saying the rules are the builder has to build the saw himself right,
so this means no help from anyone right, the builder has to build the crank,carb , pipe ,gear,head and piston himself correct plus do all machine work himself correct, so this means no machine shop, pipe builder ,carb and piston builder, the builder has to do everything himself, those are the rules correct,

myself i think the guys here would be far more interested in this,
I bring a brandnew 3120 , your builder bring a brandnew 3120, we go to a place like maybe Dan's, if Dan is ok with this, we have to build the saw from scratch there , i beleive Dan got a new mill ,and i know he has a lathe and tig welder, at his place you build everything you need at his place , you build your own carb ,pipe, head, piston and gear , this to me sound ok and it will show what we are able to do , it would be sort of like junk yard wars, I maybe wrong but this to me would show more and then no one could say the saw was built by someone else because you seem to accuse me of having outside help , and if Dan is not ok with this and your builder has all the machines to build everything , maybe i can go to his place and if he doesnot he can come to mine cause i do have everything that is needed, i will feed him , give him a place to sleep everything he needs,now Mean Husky it would be you running the saw correct against me but please ,please that it easy on a old guy like me,
now i would like to here from the others on this site does this not seem to be fair because you Mean Husky you are attacking my bussiness here and saying that i cannot build anything faster than a moped out of gas, well i say i can and anybody that wants to watch can , i think these should be the rules and i am ok with that

It sure does seem to attract some that are just on the ragged edge of sanity: or perhaps they were all right and the game made them crazy!

Frank

Rich, I have said it before that I don't agree with any anonymity. I dont think you should say anything to anyone on here that you wouldn't say to their face. Obviously though people like to play games.

Frank

I don't <i>really</i> think Brian is MH.

"Meanhusqy is Rocky" was a joke.&nbsp; About the same time, Brian had stated that he did not think highly of Ed (for a couple of reasons unrelated to racesaw-making aptitude), and this guy/gal in this thread obviously does not think highly of Ed either.

I don't understand, at all, the desire to anonymously carry out a verbal assault on another.&nbsp; It doesn't seem to be a very manly thing to do.&nbsp; Brian is manlier than that.

Glen

its the act of a coward glens plain and simple. if he/she wasn't they would say who they are. funny how he hasn't posted since everyone started calling him out.

There's another forum site covering many of the same topics as here, where I had to become anonymous to post because the owner/operator dislikes confrontations of any sort on their site.&nbsp; I was kicked off twice as myself being somewhat politically incorrect but still felt I could be generally helpful, so had to go the incognito route.&nbsp; But I do not use it there as a cloak for cowardice.&nbsp; In fact, the pseudonym is a derivative of "incognito" and was meant to rather announce the nature of the identity.

Glen

Originally posted by glens
There's another forum site covering many of the same topics as here, where I had to become anonymous to post because the owner/operator dislikes confrontations of any sort on their site.&nbsp; I was kicked off twice as myself being somewhat politically incorrect but still felt I could be generally helpful, so had to go the incognito route.&nbsp; But I do not use it there as a cloak for cowardice.&nbsp; In fact, the pseudonym is a derivative of "incognito" and was meant to rather announce the nature of the identity.

Glen

in that instance i can see hidding who you are. but this guy is hidding who he is not to help but becuase he is to much of a coward to say what he has to without anyone knowing who he is.

first i would like to say i have no problem with Rocky, never meet him or talked to him, and to me Rocky tells it how he sees it but sometimes he could calm it down some maybe, No this is not Rocky on here, Now when Rocky was not on here because of his time being booted off it was pretty boring on here was in it right

Hi Mean Husqvarna, I was wondering if you could build me a 3120 for the race you are proposing? Ed can't build me one cause he is too busy and Dennis Cahoon thinks it's a waste of money if he builds me one, since he says I am just a "cull". LOL.
Actually, it was Dennis Cahoon that said about 5 minutes ago, and I quote, " if you midwestern boys think your so mean, then come to one of our races in California."
Anyway, MH, hope you can be of some help in this matter.
Thanks in advance,
John

I think we should all meet at Rupedoggy’s for a day of backyard chainsaw racing and beer drinking. After each race we should have a dog piling with the loser on the ground first, on up to the winner. All cheaters and pu$$ies are welcome!

Building 3120's

Ed
You guys are more then welcome to come here and build your 3120s. I can suppy you with anything that you may need,mig,tig,torch,mill,lathe. If I ever get any free time, I will build a roller for your cones. Like I ever get any free time. LOL
It will be interesting to watch and I may learn a thing or two.
Later
Dan

The last two posts by McSaw and Dan really showed honour and diplomacy when the going gets a little rough.
It shows that when we post, we have lots of time to think about what we are going to say, sorta like running it thru a seive, is this kind, is this true, is it funny? Are these words the Lord would like us to sayeth?
Anyway, what I am trying to say is that we can attract more bees with honey than we can with vinegar, although it is still ok to sting when the need arises.
John,
The Chainsaw Physchiatrist

MH if you guys are so dead set on racing Ed why don't you guys pack up and go to him rather than fight and bicker on the internet, we all know how far that gets ya.
From what I read Ed has been to alot of the shows in the states.
how many you guys been to in Canada?? What's the matter can't you guys cross the border?

We can even have it close to my place. I know lots of farmers who will let us make lots of noise, and I have some huge, clean and straight Carolina Poplar and White Pine to 40" dia.
A bit off topic, but I ran over a skunk last night and it sprayed, so everything smells now. I went back today and took a picture. Just thought I would share it with everyone, and why wouldn't I?
John

McSaw,

What is the prize for the beer drinking race, and is it for speed, amount, or duration.

dneiger, Rupedoggy I'm sure would throw in a couple of old 2100's for a prize, and we could have all 3 disciplines, but don't forget the Dog Piling!

Back