how about jonsered???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hired Gun said:
Or a lady in red, depends on how you look at it. I can't have a saw named after a dude....:dizzy:

OK Hired Gun, I feel I need to enlight you on something. This knowledge comes from riding bikes, but it applies on saws too:

Always name your gear after a dude, so that you know you can rely on him.

Because you don't want to find yourself in the middle of the forest with a chainsaw that suddenly decides that she doesn't want to start, just to show you that you can't take her for granted...

lynx said:
I left my trusty Jonsereds 2054 back East with my son when I moved... and now find myself in a wilderness abode again and in need of a replacement. .....
I'm looking at most likely the Jonsereds 2150, perhaps the 2145, but might be coaxed into the Husky 345 or 350. ...
Take a close look at the 353/2152, they are closer to the 2054, and a better design - the 353 is probably the cheapest pro quality saw out there.....:biggrinbounce2:

The Husky 55 and Partner 540 are basically the same saws as the 2054.

Last edited:
By no means am I an expert or even clain to know a lot about chainsaws, but my dad and I have had great luck out of my 2050s.

As opposed to Pual61, we have had nothing but great service out of ours for the last 10+ years for firewood and general chores around the houses. The only complaint I have with it is the side cover that contains the bar adjustment is a little flemzy and allows my adjuster to move too much.

Other than that, it has been used on big and small without any problems. As long as I keep the chain sharp, it will eat it and ask for seconds. I don't get to play with pro saws, so it is my pro saw until I can get my 066 back up and running :cry: .

Latest posts

Back