How did I do? Big 2 man saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Today on CL i got a mall model 6 and a mercury kb-7(the military painted one) both for $75. The mall needs a clutch housing, and should run. The mercury however is missing a few parts. It is missing the recoil, right handle and a few other miscellaneous items. Compression seems a bit low but hard to judge. Both have a 3' bar and dummy handle.

Did i waste my money? (I have a feeling that i didnt.)

Is it worth trying to find parts or should i part them out?

You did very well. Snelling might have some parts left over from his recent scores. I have a KB-7 (sold it to Snelling, he just has to pick it up when he gets time). So if you need a picture of something, let me know.

You did very well. Snelling might have some parts left over from his recent scores. I have a KB-7 (sold it to Snelling, he just has to pick it up when he gets time). So if you need a picture of something, let me know.

im in between you guys......... i can deliver it for free if brad wants.
i need an excuse to hit up the Hofbrau house.

Well, im thinkin i would at least like to get the Mall 6 goin. I'll get some pics up as soon as i get my camera back.

If anyone has a spare clutch housing with the adjuster handle thing on it that is willing to sell it, please let me know. The current one is made out of a well casing with mount flanges welded onto it. I am hoping none of the threads are damaged. This is possibly one of the most unbelieveable ghetto-rigs i have ever seen, and ive seen some weird stuff.

I am up in the air weather i want to repair the mercury or not. Man...its very tempting to find parts though....245CC's D. A. M. N.

I might know abit about those saws and I can assure you will find the KB6/7 parts easier to find than a true Mall 6.

Bill

There were several different transmission assemblies for the Malls. Most would interchange.

Bill

I will do some checking here. Got a couple of 7's and a 6 for parts. The 6 is complete minus bar and chain
Bob

I will do some checking here. Got a couple of 7's and a 6 for parts. The 6 is complete minus bar and chain
Bob

Thanks, I appreciate it. Im going to try to remove this well casing nightmare that serves as a clutch housing.

Sorry i dont have the camera, this is a work of art!

Back