How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All throughout high school. We would party at a certain spot along Tiller Trail Hwy in a big red barn. Well it so happened to be directly inline with the Mile 9 marker. I'm talking about drinking 4 days a week in high school parties. Had many a great nights. Learned about the good women, fat women, uglies too. Metric system and how to use a 4 footer. Beer bong. Lots of good memories from that place. I live in Southern Douglas County. So it all fits in. mile9socounty.

I am a lover and a student of blues music, so that's why I have the Howlin' Wolf avatar, and a black cat's bone is a voodoo charm that is mentioned in several blues standards. Besides that, it's kinda cool too!

A woooooooohooooooooo! I have gotten a few questions on my avi already. If my moniker was Chester Burnett most would be really lost! Not the Joat apparently! You rock!

But of course, my name is Jack, so Jack Of All Trades Master Of None.

The Blues rock.

Joat

6'4" 250'ish. Usually pretty quiet. Known as Lurch everywhere but it was taken here so added the 2.

Well, I'm still new, but I'll join in..
I suppose a lot of folks would think that my moniker comes from my choice of liquid refreshment, and that could be partially true.
But, the real reason is the Black and Tan field dogs that I've been workin' with for the last thirty or so years.. The small field Gordon Setter.. Don't think about the big ponies seen on the TV at Westminster. These dogs are Ferrarris compared to those '59 Cadillacs..
Also got a FT bred English Setter here, and Soon a Red (not Irish) Setter... again , think performance based vs. Show appeal..
Anyway, since retirement, gundogs are my life.. but there's still room for tractors and chainsaws also..

StPatsday004Small.jpg

Metals406... 'Metals', because I'm a weldor/fabricator, and I grew up in a blacksmith shop in the early '80's... And '406' is the area code for the entire state of Montucky.

Every saw I own is old. The 066 and 372 kind of break the curve, but they still are far from new and have some good use on them, still qualify.

Mark

Cantdog

Well for the last 24 yrs I've owned and opperated a prehistoric sawmill.

On a handset mill carrage you have your logdogs which hold the log in place whilst milling. Then you have your boarddogs which hold the last board in the cant whilst milling. But first and foremost you have the most versitile dog of all. The Cantdog!! This is a peavey type tool, however it has a very short and stout handle. It also has no point in the end, just a hook (like a peavey) and a small edge of steel in the end to grab the cant and not leave any degrade marks in the wood. The handle is short so as not to be in the way working around the carrage, the log brow, and all the other dogs!!! This is used by the saywer to turn and manuver the cant on the carrage. Atleast that's what we call them round here..SOOOOOO-----that would be me!! short, stout, not a very big handle and no point at all!!! :cheers::cheers:

Well for the last 24 yrs I've owned and opperated a prehistoric sawmill.

On a handset mill carrage you have your logdogs which hold the log in place whilst milling. Then you have your boarddogs which hold the last board in the cant whilst milling. But first and foremost you have the most versitile dog of all. The Cantdog!! This is a peavey type tool, however it has a very short and stout handle. It also has no point in the end, just a hook (like a peavey) and a small edge of steel in the end to grab the cant and not leave any degrade marks in the wood. The handle is short so as not to be in the way working around the carrage, the log brow, and all the other dogs!!! This is used by the saywer to turn and manuver the cant on the carrage. Atleast that's what we call them round here..SOOOOOO-----that would be me!! short, stout, not a very big handle and no point at all!!! :cheers::cheers:

CD,

Wow! Kinda sad that name is now taken.

Wanna trade?

Joat

Back