How do Huskys compare to Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My question here is not one of which saw to buy, but how does the numbering system work on Husky? Do the numbers relate to engine cc's or horse power or what? I am very familar with Stihl since that is all we use and all I have ever used, but I was wondering which saws of Husky compare to Stihls. For example, MS200 = 338XPT, MS290 = ?

Again, this is not a question of which saw is better, just which saws are similar in size, horse power and so on.

Generally the last two digits designate the approximate displacement of the saw in mm. Example; the 266 is 66 cubic mm. and the 280 is 80 cubic mm. However there are exceptions...example; the 3120 is 120 cubic mm.

Last edited:
Generally the last two digits designate the approximate displacement of the saw in mm. Example; the 266 is 66 cubic mm. and the 280 is 80 cubic mm. However there are exceptions...example; the 3120 is 120 cubic mm.

True, except that the 266 (and 268) is 67cc, and the 280 76.5.....

...approximate it is, but much more informative than Stihls system........:biggrinbounce2:

Saw Troll, you have listed that you use a Husky 353, so does that saw have about 53mm? Is that what you folks are saying?

Saw Troll, you have listed that you use a Husky 353, so does that saw have about 53mm? Is that what you folks are saying?

As I said, aproximately - it is 51.7cc......:yoyo: :yoyo:

..and the 372 is 70.7cc, the 272 was 72.2cc, the 346 is 45cc, the latest 350 EPA 51.7cc, the 362 62.4cc - etc......

Last edited:
My question here is not one of which saw to buy, but how does the numbering system work on Husky? Do the numbers relate to engine cc's or horse power or what? I am very familar with Stihl since that is all we use and all I have ever used, but I was wondering which saws of Husky compare to Stihls. For example, MS200 = 338XPT, MS290 = ?

Again, this is not a question of which saw is better, just which saws are similar in size, horse power and so on.

MS290 ? .. Husky would never do such POS :hmm3grin2orange:

Many saws by all manufacturers have the approximate cc in the number. Not all saws but generally, yeah.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Check your rep!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary

You know, it gets kinda old. All the 290 series bashing. They are not a 361, but they still cut wood and it all burns the same. I bet if you cut a hickory with a 310 it doesn't into cottonwood. Same as my 441 can't cut soft maple and it turn into oak.

Thanks btw...:)

Latest posts

Back