How do Huskys compare to Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my feeling on this is i would never buy another stihl product unless husky does somthing simular........ive heard stihl europe now have there carbs manafactured out of cheap ???? metal and in china.I brought a brand new 130 4 stroke with hedge trimmer and chain saw attachment after 1 tank of petrol it wont run.back to stihl technical as dealer cant sort it ou,but whilst im at dealers 2 other brand new stihl chainsaws come back in and have there carbs replaced straight away.i know of another dealer who has a whole box of carbs to send back under warentee.my new ms 200t's are ok at moment but speaking to every one else i know who runs them after 6 months they have serious probs and after trying a 357xp im sorry but im switching back to husky after 10 years.....that saw pisses on the 361 no matter who says what on this site!

Hey Sawtroll,
What's the difference between a 394XP & 395XP Husky? Size and anything else you can think of. A friend of mine is trying to decide.

:confused: Not too sure of that one, but I believe that the 395 has a semi-transparent fuel tank, and some of them the side chain tensioner.

Someone else will surely know........:help:

Both are 93.6cc.

yeah but the stihl carbs just seem to be ???? at moment,like i said stihl europe..andy your stihl US,two diferent things... im not saying stihl are bad (well i am!!!!!!) ive used them for years with no probs ,coincedence that whilst im taking mine back two other people come in with BRAND NEW saws also with ????ed carbs???????????and im knowing firms who buy a damn lot of stihl units and are having probs ...my last purchase ,in one tank of petrol ????ed up and my ms 200t i brought 3 months ago has a masive flat spot apparently the sighns of the end for the carb.......and like i said i know a dealer with a whole box of ms 200carbs to go back under warentee...im going husky!

yeah but the stihl carbs just seem to be ???? at moment,like i said stihl europe..andy your stihl US,two diferent things... im not saying stihl are bad (well i am!!!!!!) ive used them for years with no probs ,coincedence that whilst im taking mine back two other people come in with BRAND NEW saws also with ????ed carbs???????????and im knowing firms who buy a damn lot of stihl units and are having probs ...my last purchase ,in one tank of petrol ????ed up and my ms 200t i brought 3 months ago has a masive flat spot apparently the sighns of the end for the carb.......and like i said i know a dealer with a whole box of ms 200carbs to go back under warentee...im going husky!

Sir if thats the way ya feel I say don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. BTW, was it a big box of carbs ya seen? I ask because overhere we don't send carbs back , warranty or no warranty, hmmmm.

All our Stihl - Zama have been made in China for years... It's not a China problem - it's a Zama problem...

The 200T flat spot near idle (acceleration) is a carb problem - the current carb is a C1QS61F; if you have a 61, 61A or 61B... the accelerator pump fails and the pump bore gets rough, so it can't be fixed. Stihl USA has been real generous about those carbs, well outside of warranty. Yours is only three months old? - take it back...

Thanks to all who responded. I am at the point of total confusion. I was hoping there was a way for me to relate our Stihl saws to Husky saws when other arbos are talking about thier Huskys. I didnt mean to open this can of worms, but oh well.

P.S Chevys suck and Fords rule
Red Sox are great and Yankees are a bunch of cheaters
East coast West coast blah blah blah

And the Fords.
And about the whole numbering thing being confusing.
Baseball blah blah blah.

What's the difference between a 394XP & 395XP Husky? Size and anything else you can think of. A friend of mine is trying to decide.

The engine's are identical...I'm not sure there were even any changes...The 395 has transparent fuel tanks,and they were advertized to have side access chain adjusters...Some do,and some don't...Mine were bought back in January,and do not have them.

The engine's are identical...I'm not sure there were even any changes...The 395 has transparent fuel tanks,and they were advertized to have side access chain adjusters...Some do,and some don't...Mine were bought back in January,and do not have them.

I've never seen a 395 without a side tensioner.

At the risk of ridicule, u SAW fellas seem 2 b a tight group, Im a climber and love my underpowered 192T and my backup 330T< that ones an echo. When on the ground I use my old 044, but if she is down or need another mid-saw running I break out the 455 rancher from Lowes for about $380. Yeah its heavy but it works fine with its 56cc. Under all that plastic there is a reliable saw, at least for the last 8 months or so. (i did have the oiler gear replaced $50) If it seriously gives up the ghost I will take it back to the big box store for a new one (extended warranty). They will not ask if im a professional arborist but its hard not to notice the sap covering all that orange. For stump cuts i use my ancient 394xp.

At the risk of ridicule, u SAW fellas seem 2 b a tight group, Im a climber and love my underpowered 192T and my backup 330T< that ones an echo. When on the ground I use my old 044, but if she is down or need another mid-saw running I break out the 455 rancher from Lowes for about $380. Yeah its heavy but it works fine with its 56cc. Under all that plastic there is a reliable saw, at least for the last 8 months or so. (i did have the oiler gear replaced $50) If it seriously gives up the ghost I will take it back to the big box store for a new one (extended warranty). They will not ask if im a professional arborist but its hard not to notice the sap covering all that orange. For stump cuts i use my ancient 394xp.

You can get that same saw from a dealer for the same price. Don't feed the big box!

You can get that same saw from a dealer for the same price. Don't feed the big box!

I ahve a VG farmer friend who just bought a poulavarna 142 throughmail order and was braggin that he got it for $199 +shipping. went in to the dealer the other day for aclutch sprocket and was doin alittle shopping. Hmmm 142 poulavarna for 199. well I'll be D@mned! Haven't had the heart to tell him yet. (or who made it!)

Latest posts

Back