How do I pull the string trimmer head off my echo 230?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So, I have the head locked up with a piece of steel, and it instructs me to turn the head clockwise to unwind the string trimmer head off the shaft. I gave it a pretty hard go and it didn't budge. I know the shaft has splines on it, so I don't want to just get a bigger wrench and tear in to it...

What exactly am I supposed to turn to get the string trimmer piece to unthread off the shaft?

So, I have the head locked up with a piece of steel, and it instructs me to turn the head clockwise to unwind the string trimmer head off the shaft. I gave it a pretty hard go and it didn't budge. I know the shaft has splines on it, so I don't want to just get a bigger wrench and tear in to it...

What exactly am I supposed to turn to get the string trimmer piece to unthread off the shaft?

I am not 100% familiar with the Solo trimmers but most all, if not all, professional trimmer heads come off the same way. I have had to use a large pipe wrench to brake them loose before but normally a strong two handed grip will do it. If you damage the head then I reckon it is time for a new one.

Latest posts

Back