how do i send a photo in a Private message?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have tried in the past to send a pic but when I click on the image icon it does not give me the opportunity to choose from my pictures. It tells me what kind of files are supported jpg ect. I have tried to type in the photo img number but that don't work. I have tried to paste a photo into the msg. but that don't work? So how do I do it. I can post photos to this main page just not while in a pm. Thanks for your help Jeff

As already said . . . .

I suggest you set up a photobucket account and host your images there.

Then it is real simple for photobucket can automatically wrap your images in the img codes.

Then all you have to do is paste them in your post or message

The PM format doesn't support the same attachment management function used for inserting inline images as the main forum posts do. You need to use a third party host as suggested and then simply use the url reference as the pointer. (I use Picasa.)

Hope this helps.

The PM format doesn't support the same attachment management function used for inserting inline images as the main forum posts do. You need to use a third party host as suggested and then simply use the url reference as the pointer. (I use Picasa.)

Hope this helps.

Ok so this is what I just did, I started a photo bucket account .I then up loaded 4 pretty bland photos , my new pole barn and my garden. Now when I go to a pm what do I do next? Keep it simple as I am simple Jeff

In Photo Bucket select a picture by clicking on it. Then over to the right you will see some selections . . .

Left click on the img selection

Now go back to your PM on AS and right click and paste the location in your PM

Just practice this in a post on here as it works the same

I don't know what you mean by all grayed out unless your computer is busy.

Here is a local image uploaded into photo shop. I just left clicked the img option in photo bucket and then in this post, I right clicked and pasted the image location from photo bucket into my post.

Well did it work if so I know what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on the insert image icon then trying to past into the field provided. This time I came back here and right clicked in the open field where you would normally write text.
Soooo select photo from photo bucket site,...Left click on" IMG "choice,...then come back here and Right click in the text field and Paste. Right?

DSC04096.JPG

Well did it work if so I know what I was doing wrong. I was clicking on the insert image icon then trying to past into the field provided. This time I came back here and right clicked in the open field where you would normally write text.
Soooo select photo from photo bucket site,...Left click on" IMG "choice,...then come back here and Right click in the text field and Paste. Right?

Or just right click on the image and select copy image location, then use the insert image option in your PM or post and select from url and (deselect the local box) and paste.

You are on your way now. You did good. Here is another of your pictures . . . .

If you delete your pictures in photo bucket, they will no longer show up on here

I don't know what you mean by all grayed out unless your computer is busy.

Here is a local image uploaded into photo shop. I just left clicked the img option in photo bucket and then in this post, I right clicked and pasted the image location from photo bucket into my post.

Is that you in the pic? My son is flying back today from Minneapolis today .He has been out there rebuilding Props for his company ( THE ONE HE WORKS FOR NOT OWNS) here in Maine .

Latest posts

Back