How do you deliver 2, 3, 4 or more separate orders in one trip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's that time of year when delivery schedules overtake daylight, so how do you guys make the most of time by delivering two, three or four orders in one trip?

Are you talking pizza? Easy, deliver to the best tippers first. You learn which ones tip the best.

Trailer???? (like the 16Lx8Wx5H ones.....electric hydrolic dump...section it off, can carry 4 cords.)
Sub out the delivers to someone with a pick up???

I mean really its all about how much you can haul, no special tricks....just cubic ft.

I suppose if you live a ways outta town, and most delivereies are in town, find someone with a lot close to town and stockpile there so you not driving all the way back to your place to pick up another load.

I deliver to 8 or 10 people a day sometimes on one truck. I'll seperate the wood depending on what I am delivering that day between the truck and trailer. I just load up and go house to house or restaurant to restaurant. I use a dolly that measures they amount of wood at each stop. So far the biggest load I have hauled with my F-350 flatbed and dump trailer(14x7) is 3 2/3 cords of wood. That is a pretty good load for a V-10 with an automatic. Almost all my deliveries are deliver and stack so it works out fine.

Scott

I deliver to 8 or 10 people a day sometimes on one truck. I'll seperate the wood depending on what I am delivering that day between the truck and trailer. I just load up and go house to house or restaurant to restaurant. I use a dolly that measures they amount of wood at each stop. So far the biggest load I have hauled with my F-350 flatbed and dump trailer(14x7) is 3 2/3 cords of wood. That is a pretty good load for a V-10 with an automatic. Almost all my deliveries are deliver and stack so it works out fine.

Scott

Got a pic handy of this dolly...? Sounds interesting....:msp_thumbup:

Back