How do you hang 'em

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a short (5"?) leash looped on the handle of my Echo 3400. Easier than the factory ring mounted on the back of the saw.
I hang it on the clips that came on my belt, except the clipping part broke off a long time ago. So I use a short piece of throwline and tie a swivel snap on my belt beside the hook where I hang my saw. To hang my saw, I have two motions that require one hand. 1) Hang the saw on the hook, and 2) Snap the clip on the ring to catch the saw if it gets knocked off the hook.
Since I do most things one handed, I find this easier than ladder hooks or 'biners that require 2 hands to use. Also, many times I don't have 2 hands available to hang my saw due to use of 'non-approved methods'. :eek:

i go in and open the clip on the 020 from the back, put a brass #3 snap on it, (so it hangs anywhere, on 1/2" line, any ring, small stix etc.).

Otherewise, on other saws, i take an old looprunner and put the brass snap on with a water knot.

i have come around to using a leash only on larger sawz.

I used lanyards for years,I liked the flat smooth surface.With the small saws I would just let her slide down my hand when I finished my cut,different story with the larger saws.Rope lanyards caused to much friction to my ungloved hands.I only where gloves now because I would hate life if could not play guitar. I use a saw loop now,clipped to my right side on a 'biner. I use Husky 136 for my climbing saw,so if and when I do drop it hey,no worries:cool:

I use a leash with a Double locking biner
After dropping a 020 a while back with a single snap Biner. I clip it as close to my waist as possible. otherwise it will be wrapped up in my feet. :blob2:

I have a web sling with a screw link on one end and an old biner on the other. five feet long so it hangs under my feer with ring just below the screw ling to clip to an accesory biner on my saddle.

I use the fold away loop on the Stihl 019T to clip on the accessary snap on my saddle (left side-hand saw scabbard is on my right). With other saws I've used a short webbing loop and brass snap. I've only tried a lanyard a couple of times. I didn't like it. It seemed I was getting my feet tangled or dropping a limb into the saw every few minutes.--Probably just a matter of what one is accustomed to.:)

I make my own lanyards out of whats left of a 200 foot 8 mm glacier line. (Got enuf for about 15 more lanyards- several years worth if I dont nick em.) I use two rings, one close to the saw, for clipping to the large bent gate biners I have on either side of my Versatile in the special tight slot built for them. Can clip the saw in and out quickly with one hand. almost never let it hang, better for the saw when you're moving around quickly. I make 'em short, just long enuf to hang the bar below foot level. I cant stand the extra material of a long lanyard.

Back