How do you KNOW when its spring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Spring? The phone starts ringing. Everybody with a logging job wants to go to the woods. Now. Yesterday would have been even better. They need people, they need machinery, they need roads opened up, they need wood on the ground, they need more daylight, they need...

We usually wind up on some snow patch on the north facing drainages with mud on the south facing drainages and dust blowing in our eyes in between. 4WD drive gets used a lot. As do the tow chains.

We call it the Annual Spring Panic.

Sagetown

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
I'm not sure we'll have much of a spring this year. Pro'ly jump right into summer. It's so cold with high winds right now, it ain't funny. That's why I'm in here staring at the PC.:msp_rolleyes:

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
We have pear and peach blossoms, as noted above seeing turtles and lizards, crocus and daffodils up, dandelions out, etc and right now we are having a snow flurry. uh huh, spring, freaking cold out with this march wind.

Grandriverrat

Grandriverrat

ArboristSite Member
I thought it would be interesting to see how folks in different regions of the country or even the world consider the real start of spring . In the Midwest where I am its different than Texas or Alaska, or the coasts. A couple other people I asked mentioned snowbirds leaving, tulips blooming, and the neighbor taking down his Christmas lights.
Cheezy.

If I went by my not so sharp neighbor taking down his Christmas lights as a sign of spring,it would be 365 days a years of cold weather!:msp_scared:

lone wolf
286728d1364245895-dsc_0182-jpg

Latest posts