How do you KNOW when its spring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring? The phone starts ringing. Everybody with a logging job wants to go to the woods. Now. Yesterday would have been even better. They need people, they need machinery, they need roads opened up, they need wood on the ground, they need more daylight, they need...

We usually wind up on some snow patch on the north facing drainages with mud on the south facing drainages and dust blowing in our eyes in between. 4WD drive gets used a lot. As do the tow chains.

We call it the Annual Spring Panic.

I'm not sure we'll have much of a spring this year. Pro'ly jump right into summer. It's so cold with high winds right now, it ain't funny. That's why I'm in here staring at the PC.:msp_rolleyes:

We have pear and peach blossoms, as noted above seeing turtles and lizards, crocus and daffodils up, dandelions out, etc and right now we are having a snow flurry. uh huh, spring, freaking cold out with this march wind.

When the crocuses start blooming. That's usually late February or early March at my place (south exposure garden).

Of course, as I'm typing this, we got a couple inches of white stuff overnight, and it's still snowing... :dizzy:

Saw a young lady walking into Walt-Mart the other morning wearing short shorts. I was wearing a hat and coat, as was most everyone else. These young folk have thicker blood than I do.

I wouldn't use what anyone is wearing in Wal-mart as a judge for anything...ever. :dizzy:

Sadly when I see short shorts this time of year around here there tends to be plenty of insulation...especially the ones going into Wallymart

I thought it would be interesting to see how folks in different regions of the country or even the world consider the real start of spring . In the Midwest where I am its different than Texas or Alaska, or the coasts. A couple other people I asked mentioned snowbirds leaving, tulips blooming, and the neighbor taking down his Christmas lights.
Cheezy.

If I went by my not so sharp neighbor taking down his Christmas lights as a sign of spring,it would be 365 days a years of cold weather!:msp_scared:

286728d1364245895-dsc_0182-jpg

the muds turning into a solid enough surface for equipment to drive on ,it must be getting close to spring

Latest posts

Back