How dou you save the good info tid bits you find here on A.S. ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I save everything to my brain... that way I don't lose it, or forget where I put it. :hmm3grin2orange:

I am semi-serious though. It drives my wife nutz the way I can instantly recall information... she claims I have more useless information locked away in my head than than everybody in the county put together has useful information memorized. It's weird how I do it (or so I'm told it's weird), I use "key" words to "file" the stuff in my head... I only need to remember the "key", or "keys", and the rest just "appears" when I need to recall it. About the only thing I "save" to the computer is larger cross-reference charts and such (like a spark plug or oil filter cross-reference chart).

Memory

I save everything to my brain... that way I don't lose it, or forget where I put it. :hmm3grin2orange:

I am semi-serious though. It drives my wife nutz the way I can instantly recall information... she claims I have more useless information locked away in my head than than everybody in the county put together has useful information memorized. It's weird how I do it (or so I'm told it's weird), I use "key" words to "file" the stuff in my head... I only need to remember the "key", or "keys", and the rest just "appears" when I need to recall it. About the only thing I "save" to the computer is larger cross-reference charts and such (like a spark plug or oil filter cross-reference chart).

No offense, but you must be fairly young. Wait until you get older, and you will see what we mean. :D I was the same way until I hit 45. Then I needed glasses and started forgetting simple things. :hmm3grin2orange:

No offense, but you must be fairly young. Wait until you get older, and you will see what we mean. I was the same way until I hit 45. Then I needed glasses and started forgetting simple things.

54, four months from 55.
Yeah, the simple, short term stuff gets by me, like... where the heck did I put that flashlight? But really, information, figures, data and whatnot I file in my head doesn't get lost, and never has. For example, I may misplace my hack saw, but I can tell you the length of the blade and how many teeth per inch are on it right now. Or, I may misplace the key to my lawn tractor, but I can give you the torque specs and tightening order for the head bolts. Or, I may forget how many handguns I own (something over a couple dozen), but I know the specific diameter (to the thousandths of an inch) and specific lead alloy (lead/tin/antimony) of cast bullet that works best in any one of them. Or, I may misplace my map, but tell me what county road I'm on and I can tell you the name of the next road over in any direction.

54, four months from 55.
Yeah, the simple, short term stuff gets by me, like... where the heck did I put that flashlight? But really, information, figures, data and whatnot I file in my head doesn't get lost, and never has. For example, I may misplace my hack saw, but I can tell you the length of the blade and how many teeth per inch are on it right now. Or, I may misplace the key to my lawn tractor, but I can give you the torque specs and tightening order for the head bolts. Or, I may forget how many handguns I own (something over a couple dozen), but I know the specific diameter (to the thousandths of an inch) and specific lead alloy (lead/tin/antimony) of cast bullet that works best in any one of them. Or, I may misplace my map, but tell me what county road I'm on and I can tell you the name of the next road over in any direction.

I hear you. I can put something in the garage, and not use it for 10 years. Then when I need it, go and get it. It drives my wife crazy. :D Sometimes I forget what I just did, but I can remember many different types of things. Go figure. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back