How I get firewood out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdhacker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My son and I cut two loads of wood this morning. I got a quick pic of my son. This is a site that had been logged. Soft and mud, a cheap garden tractor, with some good tires filled with fluid, and a pice of railroad track on the rear. Makes a very powerful tool. Six carts and it's all the wood I can get on my 3/4 truck.image.jpg

I used to use an old JD 214 and cart until the JD engine wore out. Gave it to the neighbor that likes projects. Bought a Polaris 500 HO that pretty much does all my pulling and carting out of the woods now. Nice picture, looks like a great day out in the woods. Too much snow and cold temps for me to even think about it now.

My son and I cut two loads of wood this morning. I got a quick pic of my son. This is a site that had been logged. Soft and mud, a cheap garden tractor, with some good tires filled with fluid, and a pice of railroad track on the rear. Makes a very powerful tool. Six carts and it's all the wood I can get on my 3/4 truck.View attachment 332500
No wonder you don't get stuck, your driving down hill.

Snow here would be over the hood on that tractor. You would loose the whole thing in one of our drifts. I figure spring will be here when it gets here no reason to be wishing my life away. spent some times on the X country skis yesterday.

:D Al

We've had 87+ inches of snow so far and of course, it's much deeper where there's dips or it's drifted,

standard.jpg

I'm sure glad i have something that will power right through it, even if it does spin all 4's in the deepest parts when making the first track,

standard.jpg

And as we were hit by a tornado last fall, i have piles of cut wood in several places, that i can pick up IF i need them,

standard.jpg

SR

Looking good. Those little GTs will do some hauling with the right tires. :)

No snow here either but the woods is still too muddy for the GT to haul a loaded cart. I dropped, limbed and bucked a few back in December. They're still laying out there. Guess the ground will dry one day. Soon I hope.

Is he selling wood for haircut money?

I wish I don't really like it, but he has been such a good kid now a young man at 17. He knows I don't care for it, he is now talking about donation to locks of love. They told him if he cut it really short he had enough for two wigs.

I use my beater Dodge 4x4 magnum. Best $600 I ever spent. Dragged out some pretty good size oak logs with the old girl. She will pull a decent size twitch of tree length hardwood, which never ceases to amaze me. 3 quick 45 degree cuts on the end of the log butt and they slide pretty easy.

Latest posts

Back