How long do you guys let your projects sit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try not to let them sit for over a month. Depends on the funds I have and what the saw needs. Wanna send me that 075 that's been sitting there for awhile?

Walk in shop, look at tractor disassembled 4 years prior, look at '66 Mustang disassembled 6 years prior, look at band saw rebuild project older than those. Look at broken saw that I could fix in two hours. Guess which one gets worked on?

Hint: I don't have any non-running saws.

I have been around saws for a long time, I have a couple of project saws that are nearing 45-46 years now, completed a few that had been around that long or longer. May have 40-50 project saws stored waiting till I get to them and 10-12 waiting for minor repair and porting.

Going on for over a year, still need to find another freebie or cheap parts saw or p/c...

Need to get one of them going though. With winter approaching, usually have some smaller limbs and branches that need cut up along with some trees and bushes needing trimmed up...

8985c6b2.jpg

Walk in shop, look at tractor disassembled 4 years prior, look at '66 Mustang disassembled 6 years prior, look at band saw rebuild project older than those. Look at broken saw that I could fix in two hours. Guess which one gets worked on?

Hint: I don't have any non-running saws.

I had to laugh,

I wasn't thinking about "other projects"

let's see, I joined (1)yr ago and had (1) poulan 2150, de-primered and new fuel lines - ran great. (4) trees - 2 were smaller than 8in. dia.

For that year, sitting in the garage was a new steering rack, lower control arms, timing belt set for my wife's toyota avalon.

In that year I've acquired (10) saws, got them running, had a ball here (same trees)

I just moved (again) that box of car junk - maybe this spring.......

luck,greg

Saws? They get fixed quick. I only have a few and I need them for work so they can't be bench queens.

Other projects? Don't ask. I've been restoring an N3-N for almost five years. :mad:

I been collecting saws to restore in my retirement, but when I retired last year it only lasted a week. Many of the saws are still waiting but I get a few done when I find some time. I love collecting saws though - kind of gives me a lift. I picked up an nice early Mac 2-10 today and I am not even a Mac man.:hmm3grin2orange:

Al.

all depends on how sidetracked i get, sometimes im busy for months with Bowhunting, other times playing with V8's, all while i try and keep the farm on track ...

time...

It's all about time for me. I'm a union iron worker and work keeps me away from home and my projects. I bought a used 046 mag, new top end that won't start. Been sittin for 3 weeks and it drives me CRAZY !!! I know all get it done but hate waitin lol

The true CADist has at least a dozen projects at any time. When I started playing with saws, I had a rule of no more than 2 apart at once. Man am I glad I got over that!! Now I am down to pretty much only working on my personal saws at home. That is a good thing.

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

How long do I let them sit.....I have 2.5 Jred 920's and am still looking for parts. If I EVER find 2 decent clutch covers I'll be able to complete them. BTW....been sitting for ~3-4 years. I also have a Poulan 2 man bow saw that has been sitting for 2 years and I have all the parts to fix that animal.

Aren't they all projects?

Or perhaps works in process?

Yup, seems like there is always something else that could be done. Or someone comes out with this new product that is "better" than whats on it now.

Like what the others said, it comes down money, time, and parts availability.
If I have the money, I don't have the time and I tend to look more at new units.
It seems like I always find the odd balls and it takes a little longer to hunt down parts.

G-pa's 3400 has been sitting under the bench, ready for paint and reassembly since I joined this site.
I've been working on my 67' Galaxie since I bought it when I was 17, I'm 35 now. It runs and drives, just not "done".
My 89' 5.oh GT, will never be done.

I'm also a seasonal type of guy, it helps me from getting burnt out on working on one thing for too long, which also slows down the process.

I'll be wrenching untill I die, I love it, always have.
I will always be working on something, but 40yrs. from now what will that be? I'm planning ahead.

I got an old homie in a box with the new intake boot for it,that arrived 5 years ago !

Latest posts

Back