How many cc is the stihl 044?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just acquired a 044 and was wanting to know the cc and HP it has, I got the saw from craigslist for $100 with no spark and I pulled the ground wire off and it fired right up, it's a little dirty and has a few things wrong but I feel I got a decent deal.

I just acquired a 044 and was wanting to know the cc and HP it has, I got the saw from craigslist for $100 with no spark and I pulled the ground wire off and it fired right up, it's a little dirty and has a few things wrong but I feel I got a decent deal.

As long as it runs good and nothing is broken, an 044 for a $100 will make a few people on here jealous, me included. :cheers:

As a sidenote, you probably ought to tear it down and make sure everything is good to go- it'll save you time and money in the long run.

You can save time on a complete tear down by pulling the muffler/carb and inspecting the piston/cyl, if that looks good follow up with a leakdown test.

If both of those are good clean it up, put some new filters and a plug in it.

P.S. you stole that saw!

You can save time on a complete tear down by pulling the muffler/carb and inspecting the piston/cyl, if that looks good follow up with a leakdown test.

If both of those are good clean it up, put some new filters and a plug in it.

P.S. you stole that saw!
I'll have to replace the case half on the clutch side, I noticed today that the spot where the dawgs mount was broken off but that's no biggie so might as well get it all the way down and replace the bearings also. I should be able to find a case on ebay pretty reasonable or if someone here has one they don't need I have paypal.

I'll have to replace the case half on the clutch side, I noticed today that the spot where the dawgs mount was broken off but that's no biggie so might as well get it all the way down and replace the bearings also. I should be able to find a case on ebay pretty reasonable or if someone here has one they don't need I have paypal.
If you still have the piece of the case it can be welded back on or possibly built back up and reshaped and drilled.........454

440 specs

Not sure if the 044 is exactly the same, but these are the specs on the later model MS440:

DISPLACEMENT
70.7 cc (4.3 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
4.0 kW (5.4 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
Flush-Cut
6.3 kg (13.9 lbs.) (Shown on this page)
Wrap-Handle (3/4 wrap)
6.7 kg (14.8 lbs.)
Arctic™ (heated handles)
6.5 kg (14.3 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY
780 cc (26.4 oz.)

CHAIN OIL CAPACITY
275 cc (9.3 oz.)

If you still have the piece of the case it can be welded back on or possibly built back up and reshaped and drilled.........454
the piece is gone and it looks like they tried to drill another hole so I'll be replacing that side.

Not sure if the 044 is exactly the same, but these are the specs on the later model MS440:

DISPLACEMENT
70.7 cc (4.3 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
4.0 kW (5.4 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
Flush-Cut
6.3 kg (13.9 lbs.) (Shown on this page)
Wrap-Handle (3/4 wrap)
6.7 kg (14.8 lbs.)
Arctic™ (heated handles)
6.5 kg (14.3 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY