How Many Cords Did You Cut Today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I cut about ten cords today. My cuts average 2 secs, so if every cord has 150 blocks avarage, then the ten cords took me:
150 x 2 divided by 60 x10= 50 minutes. Therefore I set the world record with a 5 minute cord.
John

Geez John 50 minutes for 10 cord do you want to come down and help me with some firewood next year I'll split the $$$ 50/50 I usually sell 150-200 cord a year so you could end up going back up to Canada with a pocket full of cash,plus you could visit DB while you were down...

Later Rob.

That's pretty impressive. The most I've typically cut on one of my best days is 12, and that was when I had already skidded the trees out the previous day, but I don't have the suped up saws like Gypo. Right now in the winter the snow is really holding me back from cutting a lot, but I'll make up for it when the weather gets better.

with the 128 hp saws Gypo runs, I'm suprised it took 50 minutes. Must of taken a couple of smoke breaks and stopped to change camera angle.:D

Gypo and Maniac; get you ashes up here. I got a trailer load of wood dropped in the yard last night; about 48 face cords. You guys shoud have it bucked and split in a day. I have to keep stopping to wait for my heart and lungs to catch up when I start splitting!

Frank

Hey Dennis, somethings wrong, Beavergirl said it was her dad.
Anywho, heres a picture of my Dad, Jack Lambert throwing snowballs.

Hey Dennis, I can't remember the thread I copied that pic from. One of my favorite pictures I've seen on this site, the other being the pic of Art Martin on a springboard I believe putting a backcut on a big un'.

I see that Lou likes to crowd the trigger of a tuned saw.What saw is that in the black&white picture old Mac or Disston?
Zippo,I have some tips for you now you can cut 11 cords aday. Seth

Wow! Am I having fun tonight! Who says you cant learn off the net, over the phone, or simply reading the constructions?
Cheers,
John

Latest posts

Back