how many cords in a log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tim please stop paying for wood. call tree company's. they will give away all the wood you can handle just don't pay to do our a job. 2010 was horrible for people wanting me to remove their trees for free and i can have the wood. this is crazy.

Like others, I don't pay homeowners to remove trees from their property.
I only remove the odd one if it has any milling value (oak, maple, ash, hickory, black walnut, cherry, etc.) or if it's really easy to get to and not too bad to drop and has a lot of good hardwood firewood potential.
One guy that's advertising to remove all of his trees on his building lot in our area said states in his ad to come and take as many as you like(not interested as the are all smaller Manitoba Maples and have little btus for the species). Of course he'd say that though. It will cost him thousands of dollars if he hires a professional.
If a home or land owner needs a tree removed, they will pay that company for the service. And this is how it should be.
So I always add that note when promising to remove a tree.
You can do what you like of course, but most people pay you to removed the trees they need removed.
Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back