How many get Beech on a regular basis?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin said. "That painting is beautiful but sure can tell it's a fantasy shot. You can't have that many beeches in one spot with all their tops intact!"
------------
Yes and no. These forests in Brown County, IN are not "natural" so as to say. They thin them out rather regularly to preserve the beech monsters and allow them to crown out. Bryan Tarlton painted them for a couple of decades, spending hundreds of hours in the forest doing so. Usually he painted in the fall to capture the vivid colors.

Unfortunately, several copies of his work have been sold as originals by art pirates.

i get share from time to time. i'm told it dries qiuckly and is nice to burn.i find i gotta get it in and out of the yard the same year it arrives or it start's to go bad if left in log length.once you get it split & stacked,best to keep rain and snow off from it too or it goes bad from being out in the weather un-protected. other than that it's a nice wood.

i've gotten to really like my oak,as it can stay here in the yard and get better with time....not so with beech(which is being off loaded) :yoyo:

That looks like a "Day" truck. Nice picture!

Most of the Beech in my area isnt really that good for some reason. The trees seem to be rotten or hollow. When you cut them and hit the ground they explode like dynamite hit them. There are a few that are decent for firewood.

Luv the beech. Slowest growing tree I have ever seen. Clean, beautiful, strong. Great burner.

Great stuff guys...thanks for the replies!

I'm just over South Mountain from you and had to clear several out last year with a few to go. Killed me to cut them as they are a beautiful tree, but got over it real quick when they hit the stove. All of mine held up real well comparatively during the Oct Snow.

I'm just over South Mountain from you and had to clear several out last year with a few to go. Killed me to cut them as they are a beautiful tree, but got over it real quick when they hit the stove. All of mine held up real well comparatively during the Oct Snow.

Ah yes, the storm we'd like to forget but never will....

Yes, Beech is good fuelwood; I grab it when I can but don't have much opportunity around here-but as you know we do have them here!

Latest posts

Back