how many of you guys/girls are trained

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodsrover

Woodsrover

ArboristSite Operative
Woodsrover I love your avatar.

That's Bubbles from "Trailer Park Boys". Our Canadian members will know him! Are you from Acton Arnie? Isn't that where the Old Hide House is? "It's worth the drive to Acton". We were just in Country this past weekend. Up in Katrine...About three hours north of Toronto. Not much snow yet, eh?

jim

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Training? Is that where they yell at you for two or three years until you learn to quit breaking things and busting up expensive saw logs? Seriously....the best "training" I"ve ever had was from watching the old-timers work and knowing when to ask just the right question.

ASEMASTER

ASEMASTER

ArboristSite Operative
trained

Was trained to go help the old guys take down trees and help pick up the brusch but kept my eyes opened and asked a whole lot of questions, enough to be anoying but its training.

Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks

ArboristSite Operative
That's Bubbles from "Trailer Park Boys". Our Canadian members will know him! Are you from Acton Arnie? Isn't that where the Old Hide House is? "It's worth the drive to Acton". We were just in Country this past weekend. Up in Katrine...About three hours north of Toronto. Not much snow yet, eh?

jim

Bubbles Rocks!!!

begleytree

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
some

ojt for 5 years, then ACRT training (one week under Dr Miller, RIP)
more OJT up till this point, going on 20 years very shortly

bs ag sciences
-Ralph

edit: BTW, love the 6.5x55! also love the 5.45x39.5

Last edited:
ciscoguy01

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Very cool

A year at Paul Smiths if that counts....

Jim

That's like 30 minutes up the road from my house dude. I've never had any training either. Course I did start taking slabs off the end of the ole' sawmill and helping to move logs with a Canthook when I was old enough to walk, lmfao... Does that count??? :cheers:

IchWarriorMkII

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Learned from the AS school of... something:clap:

Well, Im still learning...

And BegleyTree, what are you running thats 5.45x39? I wanted to snag a 21 Ghengis Upper for my AR to play with the round, but can't find one. Gave up on my Ak's much prefer the AR's

stihlatit

stihlatit

Addicted to ArboristSite
Acton On Canada surrounded by stihl waters

jim

Yep i'm in Acton....but I always say it's worth the drive to Oakville that's where they pay me.....lol.......and yes a severe shortage of snow this year.

Latest posts