How many saws is this going to burn up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That fuel has no gum, no varnish, no winter or summer blend, no ethanol...... It's definitely a lot more than just pump gas with no ethanol added. Do some research on the stuff and you'll see alllll the benefits it provides. There's more to it than just no ethanol.

It will produce better, more consistent power. It will last much longer. It will significantly delay any need for fuel related maintenance and/or repairs. It is good stuff. For someone who burns a whole lotta fuel in their equipment, no, it's not really economical - especially if they maintain their own equipment. For the guy that burns maybe a gallon or two a year, it's a great investment in prolonging the life of his equipment. Cost of canned fuel vs. 1 hour labor at the shop.......

Hmmm, sorta like avgas at less than $1.50 per quart...

Local Stihl dealer was pushing a product similar to this, but as premix ultra hp fuel in a can.

"Some guys are buying this by the case for 2-stroke fuel up at the cabin" ...huh? Bill Gates don't live in the woods. :msp_confused:

I was there for work!

Well I'll give you a pass then.

Is anyone aware that K Mart owns Sears?

Well the last time I looked, Sears was in a race with K-Mart to see who wil go broke first.:laugh:

Blood pressure? How about 120/76 pulse 72. Zero medications Ken

Obviously you haven't been to Sears in a while.

My intense hatred for Sears started with one of their customer service people. I told them, "if you don't do the right thing, I'll never deal with them again. They said no.

Here is what happened: I ordered a part for a stove, an ignitor. After I got all through they didn't tell me the price but I asked and it was about $100 shipped. After I hung up within minutes I found one on the computer delivered for $26. 10 Minutes after the call to Sears I called them back and wanted to cancel the order, they said no way we will ship it to you with $20 shipping and you can send it back. I then called Sears customer service and explained that this is just a comuter entry and it will cost them nothing to cancel the order. They said no way, "that's the way we do business. I have never been back since. For a month after this happened I would tear up the Sears Sunday paper insert and thow it in the trash.:jester:

My intense hatred for Sears started with one of their customer service people. I told them, "if you don't do the right thing, I'll never deal with them again. They said no.

Here is what happened: I ordered a part for a stove, an ignitor. After I got all through they didn't tell me the price but I asked and it was about $100 shipped. After I hung up within minutes I found one on the computer delivered for $26. 10 Minutes after the call to Sears I called them back and wanted to cancel the order, they said no way we will ship it to you with $20 shipping and you can send it back. I then called Sears customer service and explained that this is just a comuter entry and it will cost them nothing to cancel the order. They said no way, "that's the way we do business. I have never been back since. For a month after this happened I would tear up the Sears Sunday paper insert and thow it in the trash.:jester:

Next time something like this happens you should do 4 things.
1.) make sure the transaction is on a credit card (not a debit card or checking account!)
2.) tell them in plain english that they can not charge you for an order you want to cancel. Then tell them you'll be calling your bank to have the charges reversed and that you'll be keeping the item until they pay you for return postage. 7 out of 10 times you'll get to keep the item for free if it's something small and cheap.
3.) call your credit card company and explain the problem with them and have all the charges blocked or reversed. There is a consumer protection clause that every bank holds - so you bank should be very willing to do this!
4.) Go drink a beer and laugh at the company you just schooled!

Well I'll give you a pass then.

Obviously you haven't been to Sears in a while.

Doing the right thing would be paying for what you order. If it's too high, don't order it. Pretty simple really. Sounds like they got away cheap--you're not going back. :laugh:

Doing the right thing would be paying for what you order. If it's too high, don't order it. Pretty simple really. Sounds like they got away cheap--you're not going back. :laugh:

Too a point your right. One should pay for what you order.:popcorn:

However when you enter the 400% $crewing level, I changed my mind. The real dishonest part I didn't mention was when I ordered the part, they in no way shape or form told me how much is it was. I found that just before I hung up. When you are charging 1/6 the cost of a stove/oven for a $16 dollar part, people may actually begin to think they have been taken advantage up. (Thanks Sears Parts Direct)

FWIW, I really laugh when I hear someone complain about gas powered things they bought at Sears that won't run.

Sears=Junk

The strange thing is that according to the Sears Craftsman website the 50:1 and 40:1 mixes cost $5.29 each for a 32 oz. can but the plain gasoline with no oil is $6.99 each.

Why would the one without any oil cost 32% more?

That's quite a bit more for something that should be cheaper. I would have thought they would use the same base fuel in all three products. In which case the mixes should technically cost more to make since the oil is volumetrically more expensive than the fuel and requires an extra mixing step. Apparently they must use different fuel.

I checked the price of SEF and TruFuel online and they both seem to cost exactly the same for the mixes and straight fuel. So Sears either made a pricing error or is not just reselling one of these two brands.

Maybe it's a safety measure. Since the people who are most likely to put straight fuel in a 2-cycle engine are probably also the people to grab the cheaper can with out reading it Sears might have done it intentionally.

-Eric

Gas in a can

The strange thing is that according to the Sears Craftsman website the 50:1 and 40:1 mixes cost $5.29 each for a 32 oz. can but the plain gasoline with no oil is $6.99 each.

Why would the one without any oil cost 32% more?

That's quite a bit more for something that should be cheaper. I would have thought they would use the same base fuel in all three products. In which case the mixes should technically cost more to make since the oil is volumetrically more expensive than the fuel and requires an extra mixing step. Apparently they must use different fuel.

I checked the price of SEF and TruFuel online and they both seem to cost exactly the same for the mixes and straight fuel. So Sears either made a pricing error or is not just reselling one of these two brands.

Maybe it's a safety measure. Since the people who are most likely to put straight fuel in a 2-cycle engine are probably also the people to grab the cheaper can with out reading it Sears might have done it intentionally.

-Eric

Do ya really think those people are that smart ?

Do ya really think those people are that smart ?

Sears? No. No, I don't.

Iwas thinking if it cost more it must be better...

True, it would be hard to predict which way people would go on that one. Some are cheap, some would want the best.

I'm still curious why the unmixed fuel cost more and who they're sourcing it from.

-Eric

Just so y'all know, I retired from IBM after 30 years and bought a Sears dealership so I'd have something to do in my old age. I'm just not ready for a rocking chair yet.

The 4 cycle fuel rings up as 'Trufuel' on the register. The mix fuel rings up as '40:1' or '50:1', but it is in the same type can and I would bet it's Trufuel as well. I can't explain for sure why the mix is cheaper than the straight gas, but since we sell a lot more mix than 4 cycle fuel I'd bet it's some kind of quantity discount that Trufuel is passing along to Sears on the mix since that's what sell.

I'm sorry some of you have had bad experiences with Sears in the past, I promise you we'd take good care of you at my dealer store.

Last edited:
I'm sorry some of you have had bad experiences with Sears in the past, I promise you we'd take good care of you at my dealer store.

Log Splitter, not trying to unload on you.............But do you think it was reasonable to send a product after a customer requests cancelling an order within minutes of placing it and telling them to send it back after receiving it? :msp_mellow:

Iwas thinking if it cost more it must be better, just ask the Stihl guys.:msp_rolleyes:

Andy, you almost made me spit Coke Zero on the screen.:biggrin::msp_thumbup::hmm3grin2orange:

Log Splitter, not trying to unload on you.............But do you think it was reasonable to send a product after a customer requests cancelling an order within minutes of placing it and telling them to send it back after receiving it? :msp_mellow:

Did you go through sears direct or a mall store, or did you go through an independent? That may make all the difference. Then again, Sears policy may be just that. On the other hand, you placed the order before doing your research. Who is to blame?

c5rulz, PM sent.

Just so y'all know, I retired from IBM after 30 years and bought a Sears dealership so I'd have something to do in my old age. I'm just not ready for a rocking chair yet.

The 4 cycle fuel rings up as 'Trufuel' on the register. The mix fuel rings up as '40:1' or '50:1', but it is in the same type can and I would bet it's Trufuel as well. I can't explain for sure why the mix is cheaper than the straight gas, but since we sell a lot more mix than 4 cycle fuel I'd be it's some kind of quantity discount the Trufuel is passing along to Sears on the mix since that's what sell.

Thanks, for adding all the good info. You're probably correct on the price difference being due to quantity discounts. I see Lowe's lists the TruFuel mixes for $5.48 each and doesn't even carry the unmixed.

I personally have nothing really against Sears, I have quite a few Craftsman wrenches and sockets. I do however think they seem to be on a slow downward trend when it comes to tool quality. I have heard their replacement warranty is not what it once was. I am also a bit disappointed that they introduced their line of cheap non craftsman tools but, such is business in consumer retail. All in all though they're still one of the few stores in a mall that I actually enjoy looking through. My sarcastic comment about the price being higher intentionally was an attempt at humor and more of a commentary on the customer who would not pay attention to the difference between mixed and unmixed fuel than anything about Sears -- other than Sears would not think to price them like that.

-Eric

Latest posts

Back