how many versions of the huskee35t splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score
i read this in another thread (abbreviated for relevant content):

Three models. There is an older model with a solid toe plate and no "H" reinforcement and an older model with a "scooped out" toe plate. The current model has a solid toe plate with "H" reinforcement.

i was under the impression that the 'current' model of 35t has the motor mounted on the driver"s side (as being towed) and a solid toeplate with 'H' brace.
my splitter has the motor on the passenger side (mouthfulls of fumes) and has the heavy, solid toeplate with 'H' bracing.

out of curiousity, just how many versions of this splitter are there?

I'm aware of the following:

Solid toe plate, engine on same side.
Hollow (scooped out) toe plate, engine on same side.
Solid toe plate w/H brace, engine on same side
Solid toe plate w/H brace, engine on opposite side, handle on tongue.
Solid toe plate w/H brace, engine on opposite side, handle on tongue, CARB compliant.

I've even seen an orange one sold under the "Bad Boy" name with diamond plate log catcher and fenders. I've only seen a black SpeeCo model on the SpeeCo website.

local tsc's here sell red speeco's/ husky....35ton. looked at them but can justify it yet...i may just build one instead, i have a 12 horse Kohler and pumps cylinders and hoses and valves but dont have the steel yet. i even have a cylinder off a muffler pipe bender to use if needed.

Latest posts

Back