How much does a Husqvarna 460 weigh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lumbarleft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Actually, I will tell you. Under topics of little interest to some, I weighed a brand new Husqvarna 460 Rancher powerhead with cutting spikes installed, exactly as they come from the factory, fresh out of the box. There has never been gas or oil on board. I believe the advertised weight is 12.8 pounds. My scale displayed 13.28 pounds (decimal - not ounces). I also checked the scale with a 10 lb scale weight used for commerce which came in at 10.01 pounds, on the same scale at the same time. I don't know how much the cutting spikes weigh with the two screws to fasten them, but some manufacturers weigh their powerhead with the cutting spikes installed. Unfortunately, most manufacturers fudge a little. Older Redmax (pre-Husqvarna) and Echo are almost always very accurate on reporting, and with cutting spikes installed.MVC-632F.JPG

Thanks B-N. I appreciate the advice and was unaware of the saw weight thread. I'll save that info, and when I have more to weigh in the future, I will add them in.
2 lumbarleft

The 455 and 460 are known to be heavier than adverised, so no surprice there. It still isn't as bad as even the specs of the MS311/391.

Latest posts

Back