How much weight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groundup

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have an 07 2500hd chevy with a 6.0 gas motor. I was going to build up the sides so I could haul a full cord of wood, but I started thinking that it might be too much. A cord of green oak can weigh around 5000 lbs and my maximum payload is 3646lbs, is that going to be over doing it?

Yes. It would most likely violate your registration and your insurance. It would also create a huge risk of breakage, handling safety, and braking.

truck would prolly haul it slowly but i doubt the tires would. unless they were loadrange e.

other factors very important are distance, speed, road conditions, and temps.

a cord of green oak is a heluva load on even a ton dually:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

that truck would haul a nice trailor that you could easely put a cord of wood in and it would be more usefull, cord wood in the back of a newer pickup will ruin it very fast , rear window could run up to $700. !

A cord of green oak can weigh around 5000 lbs and my maximum payload is 3646lbs, is that going to be over doing it?

According to my math, Yes.

Time for a trailer.

that truck would haul a nice trailor that you could easely put a cord of wood in and it would be more usefull, cord wood in the back of a newer pickup will ruin it very fast , rear window could run up to $700. !

Made that mistake! Truck comes to a sudden stop and CRASH, sound of breaking glass! Oh :censored: :censored: :censored: . A little bit of 3/4 plywood goes a long way! Ill second that on the trailer especially a nice dump trailer with electric brakes. A whole lot easier than lifting up into the bed of your truck!

Back