How much would you charge to cut this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't work for a tree service but I know a lot of them and from what I know, I'd say on average they would charge $250-$400 depending on if they "had" to climb or not.

Would that be the actual price they charge or the line of ******** they feed you about how much they charge.

Well Jeff... I don't really think anyone "knows" exactly what this job costs. One man may say $250. One man may say $400. One man may say $325. One man might say $700. Depends on the market, location, ect Around here "which is central NC" most would charge somewhere in the price range I stated above.

So you guys throwing prices out over a picture, do you also have web sites with estimate calculator so clients can know what you are going to charge before you show up ( + or - a couple grand)? That would be nice, have all the hazards covered, dbh, total height, size of the crown, any dead or hollow spots that may complicate rigging or climbing, soft spots in the ground or under ground lines that may not take impact or equipment well....... I could go on.... but those are just a few of the things I cant really gauge well from a picture... Heck how close to home was it? Hour drive or 5 min?

if one tree is 700 to fall why do they only give me 3k at the mill for a log truck full of them ?o_O

Are you happy with the $700? If so I think you charged the right amount.

Yes I was happy. I gave him my estimate when I visited the job first and gave him that quote...and he told me I had the job...one guy had quoted him 800 and another company which was going to do it with a bucket truck quoted 1500.

Back