How My Stihl Dealer Treated Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right. But from what I've heard from others on this forum, it sounds like a good model, if you don't get one from the lot that I bought that one from. Now I'm kicking myself for not writing down the serial number from that lemon, to make sure that the next one isn't from that lot. I'm saving up for another, just wish it was available at last years prices.

Noah-It's an awesome saw. No doubt about it. I haven't had the first problem with mine as of yet, and that's with a significant amount of decent, all day use. They had some problems with the early 361 like the one you had, and they're aware of it. They should be squared away by now.

Take care all,
Jeff

porsche

I saw a show on Discovery channel about Porsche. The start the motor and run it at full throttle immediately after it is built. If it comes apart, somebody's butt gets chewed.

If you don't run it at full throttle, how will you know if it is too lean? :rolleyes:

ive got a 020T i just rebuilt for myself, I wouldnt hesitate to take it out and hold it wide open out of the wood for 5 minutes or longer. as long as the rpms are set right it will be fine.

fishhuntcutwood said:
Noah-It's an awesome saw. No doubt about it. I haven't had the first problem with mine as of yet, and that's with a significant amount of decent, all day use. They had some problems with the early 361 like the one you had, and they're aware of it. They should be squared away by now.

Take care all,
Jeff

Fishhuntcutwood,

I don't doubt you. That's why I'm giving it another try. Just curious though, how do you know that "they're aware of it"? I think that they should be by now too, but just talked to a tech at Stihl USA again and he never heard of a problem w/it, including the one that I had. I asked him about the chances of getting a saw from the same lot as the lemon that I previously got, IF I purchase one that came from a different distributor. He said that they get the components for their saws from different suppliers and its hard to say. He also said that if there is ever a problem that they would make sure that its made right. I reminded him, (the short version), of what I went through before things were made right, but that Stihl USA would not get involved when it was all said and done. Maybe this is better topic for another thread. Please keep in mind, I'm not disputing anything you said, I'm just trying to find out how the company has any oversight, or correction when a bad saw slips through the factory amongst all the good ones.

Take care Jeff

Before I bought mine, I asked my dealer about it, and he was like "Ah yes, the problem 361's... been taken care of" He explained that it was a sometimes trend in the earlier ones, and that they haven't seen it since. Could be a local thing here where he got a bad one or two, and he's speaking of his local experience with it, and is not aware that it's a widespread thing, I don't know. He assured me I was getting a saw with no issues, and that's exactly what I got. Now, if he got on the phone and called Stihl and told them, I don't know.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back