How old is this generator?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1980's I have the coleman version (green) and it still runs and functions fantastic...its just LOUD
I upgraded the fuel tank to 5 gallons, installed magnet tipped drain plugs, changed the capacitor and installed fresh brushes. They need to be ran 3+ hours at one time then they start to get quieter and run smoother

1980's I have the coleman version (green) and it still runs and functions fantastic...its just LOUD
I upgraded the fuel tank to 5 gallons, installed magnet tipped drain plugs, changed the capacitor and installed fresh brushes. They need to be ran 3+ hours at one time then they start to get quieter and run smoother
1 Gal lasts around 3 hrs, theyre kinda thirsty.

Are you sure they are getting quieter....

.........or do your ears start to shut down?

Just kidding of course.

It is late 1970/early1980. I just looked in the 1977 catalog and it was not in it. I will look in the later catalogs Wednesday
Hi Bill, Didn't see it in the 1985 catalog. But it is in the 1991-1992 catalog . Did see an auction listing where they dated it as a 1990 model. The 1991-1992 catalog is 84 meg - too large to attach or email.
Compressed the catalog to be able to attach it.

Attachments

• 1991-1992_homelite_outdoor_power_equipment_catalog compressed..pdf
    18.7 MB · Views: 2
Briggs ran that engine clear into the 90s I had the smaller 1800 watt version of it, painted yellow it was an early late 80- to early 90s model. They are good engine till they blow up. Then its replacement time.

Wasnt H “K”serial prefix for 1989?
briggs ser# year could be a year younger than unit ser# year

Hi Bill, Didn't see it in the 1985 catalog. But it is in the 1991-1992 catalog . Did see an auction listing where they dated it as a 1990 model. The 1991-1992 catalog is 84 meg - too large to attach or email.
Compressed the catalog to be able to attach it.
Hello Ray,

I am sure you are correct. I looked for my Homelite product catalogs tonight but could not find them. It very well be a lot later model than what I originally thought. Homelite ran a lot of models of items much later than their appearance. If you look at the product manuals you can see they still listed the Super Wiz 66 and 1130G as current production models a lot longer than folks would think. There was a Homelite dealer here in my area that still had a NOS Super Wiz 66 on the shelf along with others. I tried to buy it from him but he kept putting me off. He was one of these guys that did not really need much money and just stayed in business to keep his Dad's shop alive. I am pretty sure the city finally shut him down and forced him to basically scrap most of what he had. I called him one day as the end was nearing and he sill was not interested in doing any dealings. We have anothr Homelite dealer near me that is in the same shape but the city leaves him alone as his shop is a triangle sitting on a triangle lot that is of zero value to anyone since the long side is a railroad track and the two short sides are streets

Until we get a clear shot of the top of the fan shroud it’s hard to know for sure but like I said, looks like the engine was most likely made in 1990.
Homelite also used year codes in ser# which is visible on pic. We don’t really need Briggs # as we have Homelite #. I just can’t remember the exact codes as they used numbers such as ”t77…….. for 1977. But switched it to letters later on. I though it started with TF in 1984 for saws etc and HF for non handheld? But could be wrong on letter to year code.

Homelite also used year codes in ser# which is visible on pic. We don’t really need Briggs # as we have Homelite #. I just can’t remember the exact codes as they used numbers such as ”t77…….. for 1977. But switched it to letters later on. I though it started with TF in 1984 for saws etc and HF for non handheld? But could be wrong on letter to year code.
Are you thinking about the UT number?

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:38pm henrylynn said:
I’m new here. I’m ready to start rehabbing a Super XL I purchased new in the late 80s at Northern Tool. Here’s the tag info.
UT No 10045c
Ser No HI1960284

I'm interested in the correct model name and attachment info so I can order the right replacement parts.

Thanks

Welcome to House of Homelite !

*UT:10045-C ( SUPER XL-AO ) SN:HI1960284 .. DOM: Wenesday, July 15th, of 1987 .

Illustrated Parts List: Homelite Super XL Chainsaw IPL 24228 Revision 4 .pdf .. Link to parts lists below ;

www.leonschainsawpartsandrepair.com/parts-diagrams.html

found this above from house of homelite
date is in ser#, not ut#
note ser# starts with HI which is 1987 build
HJ would be 1988
HK would be 1989
so this genny was made the 268th day of 1989 or sept 25 1989
there is a bulletin on site, but not a member to download which shows are ser# code to date made

Back